April 29, 2009

Fantasy Update #5

Ok so right now I find myself in the very comfortable fourth spot in both leagues. (Reminder these are 12 team mixed leagues) I am ok with it, and have both my teams playing pretty well. In both leagues I have a pretty set lineup.

League one Posada (Soto still struggling but hold on to him...he will be fine) C, A Dunn (playing great even bats 300+) 1b, Utley (wow need I say more) 2nd, Wright (hasn't shown up...but is still better than average when slumping...even a few steals) 3rd, A-Ram (finally waking up) SS, Ibanez (I totally knew he would be this good...um no), Ethier (now this one I did think would be a stud), Holliday (concerned...pretty concerned) OF, Lowell (still got it), Werth (he can play better), and Derek Lee (wow very awful...but can't bring myself to drop him...he must be hurt) UTIL. This lineup gets me tops in RBI's, 3rd in runs, 2nd HR's, and a medicore steals spot, and a bad AVG. I really need to increase the average but it will come, I don't feel as urgent a need as my other leauge. My pitching staff has been fine...i'm still a matchup guy and as the year goes on I will get a better feel for when a win is coming for a certain guy, so I remain flexible. Right now I stand at 10 wins (2nd) 7 saves (9th) will fix this just waiting for someone to pop up, 118 k's just so so (9th), 3.68 ERA (4th), and a 1.27 WHIP (3rd). I have a staff lead by Oswalt, Bedard, and closed up by Fuentes (please get better), and Nathan (great pick), my other guys are Tim Wakefield (how can you resist), Way-Rod (I keep telling you this guy is for real), and the revolving door of others...Masterson, Aardsma, Ramon Ramirez, and a hurt Smoltz. But this team is still fine, I like the make-up and i'm glad I got Mikey Lowell back. I think with a few more saves and a better average I will work my way up a spot or two.

League Two Laird (please McCann (DL) come back soon!) C, A Dunn (one of my lock guys glad I got em in both leagues) 1b, Pedroia (MVP MVP) 2nd, Youkilis (MVP MVP what?, Pedroia got one already!) A-Ram (i'm supposed to look smart here cause he was one of my lock guys...why don't I look smart yet??) SS, Sizemore (yeah very good, but needs to raise his average I thought this would the year he would do it) Ethier (again this guy is for real...both league worthy), Werth/Crisp (little nervous but these guys should get me through until something better pops up) OF, Freddie Sanchez, Russell Branyon (new additions gotta shake it up) UTIL. More concerns with this team as I thought I would have, but overall just needs a little more TLC on the waiver wire to make up for some weak spots. RBI's (3rd), HR's (5th), Runs (2nd), Steals (tied for 1st), and a low low (11th) AVG...trying to get something done here with my 263 avg...suggestions other than Sanchez???? Just like the lineup pitching is a concern whiffed on a few outings and got my ERA way up there...also I need wins bad but can't find as much quality on the waiver wire, it will pan out...need more spot starts. 6 wins (11th), 18 saves (1st) my one bright spot...but no trades calling me yet, 119 K's (7th), 4.14 ERA (5th), and a 1.36 WHIP (7th). My staff is weakly lead by Zambrano (whip man whip get it down 1.48...but 30 strikeouts fine with me) and Armando Galarraga (i'm a believer), it is closed up by a large group of ok's Jenks (4 saves...he is getting better), Franklin (6 saves...what a pickup), Rodney (4 saves...ERA too high 5.63), and Fuentes (4 saves...but again please get better...your better than this! 6.43 ERA:( The rest rounded out by a Gil Meche (bout to drop his arse), Saito (just did drop him for Mitchell Boggs...don't laugh just for a start...are you taking notes...LOL...you know so you can make fun of me later), Way-Rod (this guy...this real deal pitcher...two league worthy), and my DL hall of fame Smoltz...I know I know...and Dice-K...mark my words he will be worth Lester by the end of the year...well maybe not but I have a bunch of T-shirts with his name on the back so I had to do it. I have to admit dropping Valverde, which might be a mistake...but I was closer heavy and he was pissing me off...he will be back and in the closer role but hopefully not soon so I don't feel bad.

Some advice from the guy in fourth place...twice...currently
Ok time to identify weaknesses in your stats, find em, catch em, and solve the problem. Check the wire before you make a trade lots of good out there, Sanchez, Beltre, Teahan, and possibly a guy like Bourn. Also now is the time to leave a spot or two open for spot starts...if you have a weak team and a middle to solid pitcher start em...you may, like I do, need wins.

Stock up: D Ortiz, Phil Hughes, Manny Delcarmen, Freddie Sanchez, D Aardsma, and possibly just maybe Julio Lugo. By the way picked up J D Drew...took a shower...then dropped him...14 mill...how's that working out Theo Epstein...oh wait Edgar Renteria is on the other line.

Stock Down: J D Drew, C.C. Sabathia, Yankees bullpen, Giambi, Matt Holiday, Brad Penny (Way F-ing down) and Valverde.

News and Rants: Sox finally drop one after an 11-0 run, on an error by pitcher J Lopez, oh well you can't win them all...also why can't Dice or Smoltz be ready so I don't have to suffer through another Brad Penny nightmare...really ! Nice work Houston Astros and Pirates...no one thought you would be good, and my guess is you switch spots in that division pretty soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.