November 12, 2010

Fantasy Football Update #9 2010 (Week 10)

Fantasy Football Update #9 (Week 10) and My Picks

I didn’t pass 90 points again in week 9, but 85 was good enough to beat a 56 effort from my opponent. With the majority of my BYE players finished I just have to hope for health and this thing will go as planned. I face the only team ahead of me in the standings in week 10 as my 7-2 Dawgs face off against the 8-1 Boston Ball Breakers for first place. I love it when it gets exciting.

Week 10 lineup (subject to change)-QB Tom Brady, RB Ray Rice, RB Knowshon Moreno, WR Roddy White, Jeremy Maclin, TE Brandon Pettigrew, Dan Carpenter, and The Eagles D/ST (though I have an active claim for Tampa Bay out there currently).

Bet on this, but don’t get mad at me-(Week 10)

2009 stats-66% on the Like em bets, 26% on the 3 If you can stomach em underdog picks, and 58% on the Parlay to try picks.

2010 stats-53% (12 for 23) on the Like em bets, 42% (10 for 24) on the 3 If you can stomach em bets, and 64% (16 for 25) on the Parlay to try picks.

It’s never easy to lose your centerpiece game (NWE -4 ½ @ CLE), but we still went 2 out of 3 in the Like em picks and salvaged some of our week 9 roll. The NFL lacks a rock solid great team, but we could use this new “Any Given Sunday” NFL to our advantage, let’s look for some value.

Like em-I’m locking in Over 44 in the DET @ BUF, these two teams can score, and I don’t think the Lions lose a lot whole of firepower with Shaun Hill at QB. I’m in the Brett Favre camp now that he has become the head coach of the Vikings and starts a streak that puts them back in contention…take old man Favre and MIN -1 @ CHI and look for turnovers to make that game go real ugly, but help it go Over that 40 ½ number. Lastly I really like TEN -1 ½ @ MIA, I think without Parcells around, that team loses a bit of its common sense, benching Henne won’t solve the problems of that team, it needs to run more and hold the ball longer to protect its defensive issues. The fins thoughts on making the playoffs will end this week.

3 If you can stomach em-0 for 3 last week and even our bonus pick let us down, that’s ok we bet and learn so that means we have to get off the Dolphins bandwagon…is there any room on the Browns wagon? Week 10, I know the Bills are due to win there first game, and by no means do I think they are the worst team in football…that said I highly doubt that defense will hold the Lions down, even in Buffalo…I like DET +ML @ BUF. It is hard to admit when your wrong sometimes, but I was wrong about overlooking a streaking Browns team, they won’t be able to run against the Jets, but they won’t have to with Colt McCoy vying to show all the scouts why he is better than the overrated Mark Sanchise…this kid is a player and I love it when guys have chips on their shoulder. Take CLE +ML vs. NYJ this week. Lastly take lowly ARI +ML vs. SEA and hold your breath, SEA has obviously gotten tired of the Pete Carroll rah rah rah stuff and is now looking around and wondering where all the talent is, and even though ARI is awful SEA certainly can’t be a road team that is favored yet…they just don’t deserve that. (Look people who know me and are going to scream that I won’t put the Pats in here as they are a 4 ½ point underdog @ PIT…all I can say I am a fan of them, I will most likely play it myself…but watching last week I can’t suggest to you that you should.)

Parlay to try-I’ll take Over 45 with DAL @ NYG and give Jason Garrett a chance to get some offense, though I don’t know how he will do it…shouldn’t matter as the Giants are good for 30+ on their own. Take MIN +ML @ CHI as I’m not worried about this game at all for some reason. Lastly put on Over 42 in the PHI @ WAS game on Monday night, it is the right number but I’m an optimist and can see good things happening to make your parlay a winner if you get this far (but hedge if it’s worth it!)

2 to win in College Football-(3-3-1 in 2010)-We return to college football with a couple of picks I really like this week. Take Boston College -3 @ Duke, as BC has really started to play more responsible football and is looking to salvage a 500% record. Another road play that shouldn’t scare you is BYU -7 @ Colorado State, BYU won’t be that far from home and they travel well, they should cover easy. Don’t even think about betting Notre Dame +6 and try to avoid donating money to the Penn St. @ Ohio St. game. Let’s see if we can get back on track.

Results will be posted after Week 10

Good Luck in all Fantasy and Reality!

4 comments:

  1. I took both your college picks Nick and you won me a nice chunk of cash my friend, remind me to start getting people on your blog. I like that you took the time off from College, it seems to have worked, and I like that you don't force it. Don't sweat last week on those underdogs, people know they are underdogs and they are the least likely of your picks, the rest of your picks are being picked at a very high percentage so good job, at the moment I have no reason to yell at you. Also Roddy White is a fantasy monster! If you could keep just one guy Calvin Johnson or Roddy White?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good good, I got college right this week so the time off must;ve helped...and I actually went to the UNLV vs Wyoming game and they won as well so I was 3 for 3...but of course another 0-3 in underdogs and 1 rare 1 for 3 in NFL Like em has me me considering taking a bye week. I like both guys the same, Roddy White is having the better year, but if you could ever get Stafford to stay healthy and get the Lions to throw to Megatron earlier in the game (while he is being covered cause he will get the ball anyway) then he has the higher upside. Gun to my head I keep White though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pats Revenge-Fantasy Football. This season is going like last season. Is it sub-par or parody? We have knowlegable owners, & competitive owners but here we are in week 10 looking like this: Three teams 6-4, 5 teams 5-5, one team 4-6, and lastly one team at 3-7! Last season wasn't much different I finsihed around 8-6 and played in the Super Bowl, I got a good azz whoopin' by now two time champ Grid Iron Greats.

    Top three scores n fantasy this season one rookie, Arian Foster, and two q.b's who's teams are both sub .500 P. Rivers, and C. Orton. Parody or pathatic?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy year in ESPN Pats Revenge league (chronicled last year on this blgo, but this year we went with CBS i'm 5-5 in that league with 5 other guy at 5-5). I do think it reflects the crazy NFL rather than poor ownership in the leagues, so much is just unpredictable, and RB's just aren't what they used to be (though nice job getting Arian Foster). Orton and that Denver offense is for real BTW

    Good Luck Wes its gonna be a photo finish in that league it looks like

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.