March 14, 2009

Fantasy Update #1 (baseball)

Alright remember to draft key postions first, there aren't that many good 3rd Baseman out there so this is my first need. I have them in this order: Wright, A-Ram, Youk, Chipper, Longoria, C Davis, and Lowell. Sleeper Alert is A Beltre...he is not on steroids anymore which is a bummer for him in his contract year, but he is still a valuable guy, I like for 285 AVG 24 Dingers 97 RBI and 10 steals. (Note Miguel Cabrera might play a little third with B Inge this year if he does then he is clear number one)

Nick Notes: This year my philosophy has changed a bit, last year I was a little jumpy with pitchers...trust me if he ain't Santana or Lincecum, he ain't worth it. Don't waste high picks on pitchers until you have the pop and speed in your lineup that you will need to stay on top. There are countless comeback stories this year, and many, many serviceable arms in waiting. Let me name ten that will go late and will play like a first or second round stud...Smoltz, Liriano, Kuroda, King Felix, Matt Cain, Erik Bedard, D Price, Gil Meche, Brandon Morrow, and don't laugh Randy "ol man" Johnson. These guys will have better years than you think. Keep an eye on Pedro if he ends up a Dodger he wins 10-12 and stikes out 100-150 in 20 starts.

MUST HAVE!!! Ryan Doumit...there are so few catchers and he is such a good hitter he will play first base limiting his time off for the Pirates, still people don't know this guy...but trust me by the end of the year they will, reach up a few spots and grab him before someone else does.

Don't Waste it!!! I know your a Yankee fan, and you keep winning your fantasy baseball league because you have the horse A-Rod...but make no mistake this year he is an A-Fraud, he is hurt and will hate coming back at 60% because the fans will kill him. Really do you want to waste a first round pick on this guy, let some other fool take him, he will be out a month after he returns even he can play through it. I am not just saying this because he is the Kobe of baseball and I highly dislike him...take Jose Reyes instead...and thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.