November 18, 2009

Fantasy Football Update #8 (week 10) with Fantasy B-Ball Update 1.75...and the picks!

The Vatican recently stated that the world should prepare themselves to meet aliens within the next 10 years...I hope to ask them what they think of the Patriots going for it on 4th and 2 on their own 28. Quote of the week-Greed is Good (that's from Wall Street...and yes Wall Street 2 is in the works). The Pats got a little greedy and I'm Ok with that...I like swagger. My only issue is if you are going to go for it there, A-go for more than 2 yards (which they got) and B-throw it to Welker or Moss...you know, for the Fantasy guys! I went 1-1 this past week and with 3 and 2 weeks to go in my two chronicled leagues time is running short...(sadly just 4-6 in both those leagues, 7-3 in mysterious 3rd league not covered here) Let's Break It Down!!!

Pats (League 1) 10 team, standard scoring (ESPN) Record 4-6 (6th), Points 1007 (3rd), Points Allowed 1039 (um by far the most).
Tom Brady
(33 pts), Frank Gore (20 pts), and my kicker Dan Carpenter (14 pts) lead me to a lackluster 81-56 victory...allowing me to continue barely hanging on to some playoff hopes. Cedric Benson (2 pts), Marques Colston (-1 pts), Zach Miller (0 pts), and Marshawn Lynch (4 pts) all suck for me.
Moves
-I pick up LeSean McCoy for the Dolphins D/ST (which filled in nicely for me 9 pts)...and I'm flirting with the idea of starting him.
Week 11 lineup (subject to change)-Tom Brady (NYJ), Frank Gore (@GNB), Kevin Smith (CLE), Calvin Johnson (CLE), Marques Colston (@TAM), Jason Witten (WAS), Dan Carpenter (@CAR), and Patriots D/ST (NYJ)

Dirty Dawgs (League 2) 10 team, non-standard scoring (CBS), record 4-6 (3rd), Points 714 (4th)
Tom Brady (36 pts), Thomas Jones (8 pts), and Tony Gonzalez lead me in a sad 58-70 loss...Cedric Benson (0 pts), M Lynch (0 pts), Eagles D/ST (2 pts) all let me down. Worse off my win was left on the bench for the first time this year as Brandon Marshall who I replaced late for M Lynch scored 24 points. With only 2 weeks to go and a tough matchup this week, I need some luck.
Moves-Still no moves in this league though I tried to get J Forsett but somebody else had a faster waiver claim. Right now I'm conflicted with the status of Cedric Benson, wondering if a angry Patriot team will let Thomas Jones score, and if my instincts that Cadillac Williams does well is for real here.
Week 11 lineup (subject to change)-Tom Brady(NYJ), Thomas Jones (@NWE), Wes Welker (NYJ), Brandon Marshall (SDG), Greg Jennings (SFO), Tony Gonzalez (@NYG), Kris Brown (TEN), and Eagles D/ST

Some advice from the guy who is 4-6 and 4-6-I did get some sh*t about leaving out Julius Jones on my Mia Culpa (I was wrong) list...I'm not sure about him just yet, he still has 600 total yards and 4 TD's...he is injured now and I don't think the advice was that wrong...(I told you to draft him way late because he will start all year if he stays healthy)...but yeah maybe by the end of the year I will have to concede. Ok LeSean McCoy(PHI), J Snelling (ATL), and J Forsett are all great pick ups..go get em, they may save your season...I may start McCoy against a rocky CHI defense. ***Update so since last week I went over some things I was wrong about...let me quickly gloat about the firing of Dick Jauren from Buffalo, because I nailed that...though I will admit after signing T.O. we probably all saw this coming...paging Bill Cowher!***

Fantasy Basketball Update 1.75
10 team, standard scoring (ESPN) 1st place
So I jump into first place because of some savvy moves...picking up C Frye (Suns) and R Hibbert (Pacers) have helped me all around. Wade and Melo still lead the way in scoring for me so that is working out. Russell Westbrook has played better of late and A Bargnani, J Richardson, and C Kaman all continue to defy the odds and are playing great.
Moves-I ditched Beasley for Landry last week, then read a blogger who said that Beasley was great after a 24 point performance and he has arrived...so I picked him up...then I remembered I was a blogger and WTF do I know so I got Landry back again...that's it. I will break it all down in the full Fantasy Basketball Update #2 toward the end of Football Season.

Bet on this! (just don't get mad at me)
-Ok solid week, got a little ripped off on some potential W's...but that's gambling. I feel pretty good about this week, so for whatever that's worth to you...for me it means make a big raise and try to catch some luck. Like em picks (11/16 on year) we went 2/3 here (NWE +3 and SFO -3...missing on DEN -3.5 to WAS). 3 if you can stomach em picks (5/15 on year) continued to only catch 1/3, but we had a shot at all of them, which might mean we are getting close (CIN ML came through over PIT, SEA ML @ ARI was no good, and PHI ML @ SDG came up short)...(note if you listened to me late Friday I did push the GNB over DAL game...but since I didn't blog it here I won't take credit)...On the 1 Parlay (10/16 on year) we go 2/3 again hitting on the under in Pitt vs CIN game 41.5, and SFO -3 (if you were mad at the SFO game going up on Weds for a Thurs game I gave you NWE +3 which did cover as well), but missed on Orton getting hurt and the Broncos -3.5 losing to the Redskins outright. Ok lets hit a home run.
Like em-NWE -9.5 vs NYJ-the Pats are angry, very angry, PHI -3 @ CHI-yeah the Eagles are slumping but the CHI defense blows and they are going to give the Eagles defense like 3 freebies, and go ahead and take the favored Lions -3 vs CLE-they should be good, watch for K Smith and Megatron to step up.
3 if you can stomach em-Try SFO ML @ GNB-the 49ers look to build on a win and try to score a little bit more, the GNB defense should allow that to happen. STL ML vs ARI-There is no way ARI is this good on the road, and Warner will throw an INT or two. TAM ML vs NOR-Tampa is on fire believe it or not, and the Cadillac should get some room and Kellen Winslow will score...they gotta lose sometime.
1 Parlay-NWE -9.5 vs NYJ and the over 45, Cinn -9.5 @ OAK, and the over in the NOR @ TAM game 50. A four teamer!

Good Luck to all in Fantasy and Reality!

3 comments:

  1. Nick the tumble I took from a stable 4th and eating a "dog" in the second row to peaking through th4e knot hole in the center field fence/7th place is disturbing!!! Such is life in fantasy sports.

    Dallas as a franchise is run like a 5th grade science class. i often wonder what J.J. is thinking and or doing. We may be waiting like voltures sitting a branch for his passing to get this organization to change for the better. However it needs to be a large branch, Gibson, Gus and Joe V. are perched with me waiting for "Uncle Al" to kick the bucket as well.

    B.B. dropped one last week, Pucker Factor is onna roll. Need strong showings from, all my studs this week, latley they've looked like the "before" pictures in the muscle man ads.

    Looking forward to darts this weekend, bringing $20.00 for such activities and to leave with $100.00 or so. See you in the work 20.

    p.s. send "Pops" address. Freedom fighters and bikers are my kinda people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al Davis is awful and he would have a pretty solid team if he wasn't so stubborn and didn't draft so terribly. I think Dallas will hang on to a playoff spot and maybe the division but not much else as it is tough to see them winning a playoff game with Wade. The leagues are going well though I hoped I would have thins locked up by now...oh well it makes for good drama, good luck heading into the last week before the playoffs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plans for this weekend and topics for the next season sound promising. I like the idea of the "small league" coming over to ESPN. It's a good fit for us.

    I like the idea of 2 q.b.'s in the small league. Points awarded after 200 yards so it doean't bloat the score. Two divisions, and an upgrade to 15 roster spots is a must, the current 12 is too small. Also adding an i.r. spot is a must.

    I'll look that trade proposal over in the a.m. gotta hit the rack Momma is there already. Great time to be a newlywed.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.