February 20, 2010

Fantasy Basketball Update #2 with "State of the NBA"

Ok so I knew early on that not many of you would be dying to know about my misguided ventures in only my 2nd NBA Fantasy League…so I wasn’t going to bore you (which is why I attached mini-updates on my more popular Fantasy Football Updates). Alas Football is over now and I wanted to check in and let you know that I’m holding on desperately to the #2 spot in our 10-team Roto-league. I finished 2nd last year and I would love to finish 1st, but right now I’m looking up and by about 51 to 57. The home stretch is near (and yikes the trade deadline is passed) so I need my stars to shine. Humor me a bit as I give my guys some quick grades. The last update will come at the end of the regular season.

Carmelo Anthony-(A-) Melo has missed some time, but he has come up with big games when I needed him too…it’s because of him and Wade that I comfortably lead the league in scoring…the (-) is for his FG%.

Dwayne Wade-(A-) Wade has been awesome, but lately he’s been slacking, especially in FG%, I need him to be great again down the stretch and without a Miami trade to motivate Wade...that looks unlikely.

Al Jefferson-(B+) I really thought he would be better when I traded him for Gilbert Arenas (Phew!), but I won’t kill him for putting up 17.5 Points and 9.5 Rebounds a game.

Chris Kaman-(A-) Maybe my MVP, and certainly most consistent…19.7 pts, 8.9 rebs, 1.3 blks, and 75% FT…he was a great late draft pick and has had a career year.

Tyreke Evans –(A-) The “Rookie of the Year” was a great late pickup, his 20.2 pts filled in nicely when Arenas left and his 79% FT helps as well.

Devin Harris-(C-) Though he has played better of late his FG% is 39% and is killing me.

Russell Westbrook-(C+) He also has played much better of late, but again a barely 40% FG% and early troubles really set me back.

The Rest of the group A Bargnani ( B+ has been what I thought), Al Harrington (C- plays great sometimes, but his inconsistency kills you), Roy Hibbert and Andray Blatche (C+ they are both valuable, but might not be enough to get me to 1st), and Kevin Love and Darren Collison (B+ these two youngs guys have really kept me alive, and though they are not yet good enough to be counted on every night, I am grateful I got them off the waiver wire.

So with just a third of the season to go, I hope my guys catch fire, so I can catch first.

State of the NBA-The trade deadline came and went and all the Celtics could do was snatch Nate Robinson from a team that didn’t want him…that said I think I am back on board with the C’s if they can just pick it up down the stretch here, I still believe we have a real shot. The Nuggets vs. Cavs game the other night with Melo shooting the game winner over Lebron was priceless! I hope those two make the Finals if it can’t be my Celt’s. The Kevin Martin trade was genius by the Rockets who will miss Carl Landry (Nice pick up for the Kings who will be better and cheap next year), and the Jamison Cavs move might not be enough for the Cavs to get to the finals…though it shows they are trying. (Lebron will stay in Cleveland)

Top 5 Teams

1-Lakers (Pains me to say it)

2-Nuggets (Fun to watch)

3-Cavaliers (The ball still in Lebron's hands too much)

4-Celtics (Ray needs to shoot and Garnett needs to stop letting guys burn him on the baseline)

5-Magic (If Vince stays motivated they can overcome their bad coaching)

5 Teams that still need to prove it-Hawks, Rockets, Jazz (I hope they do), Bobcats (good for them), and The Thunder (this team is a power house and they play defense!)

Predication-Why Fight it…I’m sticking with the Celtics over the Lakers in 6…history repeats itself…but I will love a Nuggets over Cavs in 7 kinda series!

2 comments:

  1. Keep dreaming on Celts over Lakers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have like four of your top five guys and I'm in first place, you must be doing something wrong, HA!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.