October 16, 2010

Fantasy Football Update #6 2010 (Week 6)

Fantasy Football Update #6 and Week 6 Preview + My Picks

I had a monster 154-72 win with my Dirty Dawgs Fantasy Football team this week which has me sitting comfortably at 4-1 on the year.

Week 6 lineup (subject to change)-QB T Brady, RB Ray Rice, RB R Torain, RB B Jackson, WR R White, TE A Gates, K Cowboys, D/ST Saints.

Decided to go three RB’s and just hope one is good and one breaks out, with White and Gates playing so well I feel I’m able to take a risk like this, that said I may change my mind and put Knox, Crabtree, or Maclin in place of B Jackson by kickoff.

Some advice from the guy who is 4-1-TRIM THE FAT Ok so you know who is strong on your team and some of us are lucky enough to have a surplus of talent, but not all that talent will fit on your starting roster so I highly suggest starting the process of trimming the fat on your roster to get the playoff starting lineup you want. Depth is good, but if you can move some of it for guys with great playoff schedules then you are doing your team a favor. Recently in a deep Keeper League I am in, I made a move to trade for TE J. Finley even though I know he is most likely out for the season…look keeper leagues play by different rules and if you have a chance to go grab somebody like Finley so you can keep him and build around him next year, I am always going to say go for it…Good Players always play to win, but good franchise players always play to win while keeping an eye on the future.

Keep an eye on-Deion Branch is a guy I think deeper leagues should add, Brady loves him and he is going to get the ball. Ryan Torain who is owned widely now, is still a guy I want to push on you, this guy is “the guy” for Skins so he will be good, and I believe a #2 Fantasy RB by years end. Lastly sleeper WR’s come and go, but I have a feeling a star is born in Washington with WR Anthony Armstrong.

Bet on this, but don’t get mad at me-(Week 6)

2009 stats-66% on the Like em bets, 26% on the 3 If you can stomach em underdog picks, and 58% on the Parlay to try picks.

2010 stats-57% (8 for 14) on the Like em bets, 46% (7 for 15) on the 3 If you can stomach em bets, and 66% (10 for 15) on the Parlay to try picks.

A decent week for us in week going 6-5-1 overall in our picks, and even though we went (yet again) 2 out 3 on our parlay (3-teamer), we still cashed in on 1 underdog and 2 strong Like Em bets. (Things we learned-I really believed the Bills behind Ryan Fitzy would be able to get a win at home against the Jags, but that Bills D is just horrible.) This is another tough week for NFL gamblers…let’s see what we got.

Like em-NWE -3 vs. BAL, look some people out there think the Ravens are the class of the NFL, but the class of the NFL made the Hoody cool again a few years back, and let’s not disrespect Brady’s 22 home win streak and Belichick’s 7-0 record after the bye. It is a tough week and I flirted with the idea of going with the Dolphins +4 vs the Packers, but I’d rather give my Saints one more chance to cover so take NO -4 @ TB. The Last lock seems to be easy so be cautious here, take Over 45 in the SDG @ STL game, I would have thought for sure it would be more like 47.5-49.

3 If you can stomach em-So KC did some good things against the Colts but couldn’t seal the deal in week 5, no problem Jason Campbell and the Raiderzzzz saved the day delivering on a ML bet. I want to go crazy this week right off the bat and give you one of my MORAL HIGH GROUND PICKS…take CLE ML @ PITT just because we don’t think sexual assault is cool and maybe the gods give Colt McCoy a little good fortune in this game. For the less ballsy players give Chad Henne and Fins some respect by saying screw you to the +4 and take MIA ML @ GNB, The Packers are beat up and Aaron Rodgers is concussed…I think the Fins steal this one. Lastly I wanted to take Denver because I believe in the Broncos passing attack and I think the Jets can get spread out and give up big yards in the air, but I am going to go for a bigger payout in the bye week refreshed Seahawks…so try SEA ML @ CHI and hope to god that Jay Cutler is being Jay Cutler and throwing to the Seattle defense early and often.

Parlay to try-2 out of 3 again on the Parlay so let’s try something different. Take Over 42 in the ATL @ PHI game, then add on Over 41.5 in the OAK @ SF game, while rolling large on the Over 44 in the DET @ NYG game, and finishing up (and hedge this if it works out to this point) with the Over 45 in the TEN @ JAC game…who doesn’t like rooting for points !

2 to win in College Football-(2-2-1 in 2010)-Tough to pick this week but I think Under 53 ½ in the Iowa @ Mich game is likely and I really think NEV (Wolf Pack) -6 ½ shouldn’t have any problem with Hawaii even on the road.

Bonus 2 Team Teaser-(for those who get into the finer points of gambling) Take PITTSBURGH +4 {-2 to start}@ SYRACUSE and Take NEVADA -1 {-7 to start}@ HAWAII for a -110 @ Team Tease…then thank me later.

Results will be posted after Week 6

Good Luck in all Fantasy and Reality!

2 comments:

  1. Pittsburgh Baby! What a crush job, also if I were you I would defiantly go Maclin or Knox over Brandon Jackson. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nick I road with you on the Saints and Pats, but smartly avoided your call on the 45 Charger game, that team sucks, but actualy watching it, considering Gates was out maybe it wouldve gotten there. Hey so I have a future on the Yankees (yes I know you hate them) should I hedge it or am I ok? Oh yeah and one more question, Ryan Torain for J Maclin? I need a WR.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.