October 9, 2010

My Football Picks! (Week 5)

A sneaky 74-72 win for me in week 4 catapults my team to a solid 3-1 record despite not having great weeks out of Brady and Rice. Taking the week off (just like my Pats) from Fantasy Yakety Yak to catch up on sleep but didn’t want to deprive the many fans (um 9) from my picks…enjoy.


Bet on this, but don’t get mad at me-(Week 5)-2009 stats-66% on the Like em bets, 26% on the 3 If you can stomach em underdog picks, and 58% on the Parlay to try picks. 2010 stats-55% (6 for 11) on the Like em bets, 41% (5 for 12) on the 3 If you can stomach em bets, and 66% (8 for 12) on the Parlay to try picks.


A good week for us in week 4 going 6-9 overall in our picks, and even though we went (yet again) 2 out 3 on our parlay (3-teamer), we still cashed in on 2 underdogs and 2 strong Like Em bets. (Things we learned-Really misjudged the Seattle offense and St. Louis Defense as I suggested Over 39 in that game, we live and learn each week). After a good week it’s my custom to take some chances, so let’s hit it out of the park.


Like em-I’ll take ATL -3 @ CLE The Browns got their win and those who think they can string wins together with that roster are nuts, though they are better than awful they ain’t good. KC +7 ½ @ INDY, look they are coming off a bye and will hang with a bad Indy defense, I’ll take more than a TD. Lastly fool me once…um…you gotta fool me more than once, I’ll take Over 42 in the STL @ DET game, maybe Seattle let me down, but the Lions, I’ll take my chances (but if it doesn’t work out I’m off this bandwagon).


3 If you can stomach em-Some great Dogs this week, we went 2/3 last week…let’s take some chances. Let’s start slow taking BUF +ML vs. JAC, Ryan Fitzy can throw, and we know the Jags love to let people throw…the Bills get a clean win this week. Now we step it up a notch with OAK +ML vs. SDG, I love M Bush RB for the Raiders and we all know how I feel about Norv “sleeps through the first 6 weeks” Turner…I could see a 27-24 home upset by the RAAIIIDERZZZ! Lastly I can’t help myself here, take KC +ML (and coming off the bye) @ INDY for a big winner! Frankly I can’t justify this one, I hate the Colts and Love Crennel and Big Fat, but lovable Charlie Weiss, so just bet it and root for Matty Cassel Magic!


Parlay to try-We are due to snag a 3 teamer so let’s try to be smart about this one, The Over 42 in the DET vs. STL game (STL can’t screw us twice in a row can they?), Over 41 in the BUF vs. JAC game, and lastly close it up with a NO -7 @ ARI play.


3 to win in College Football (1 for 2 in 2010 50%)-I’m going to take a chance on Mich St. +4 ½ @ MICH, I just think the Rich Rodriguez show can be sorted out by good coaches. I’ll continue on with my Notre Dame goes on a streak now theory with ND -6 vs. PITT. Lastly I really like Auburn -6 ½ vs. Kentucky, even on the road the great coached Auburn knows how to take care of business.


Results will be posted after Week 5


Good Luck in all Fantasy and Reality!

4 comments:

  1. Nice pick on the Lions game. Of course, I missed the game (heard parts of the last quarter in the car at least). It'll probably be their only win this year, though.

    And BOO for the MI State/MI game. They need to get rid of Rodriguez, and quit running the ball so much. If they think Robinson is such a great runner, then make him a running back and get someone in there that can pass the ball like a U of M quarterback should!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel! Yeah I think the Lions are for real and the more they play together the better they will be and when Stafford comes back they may be even better. They will win more than this one Mel I promise. I saw the Mich St. game coming a mile away and agree that West Virgina offense is a bit off at Mich. Oh well missed a few got a few right but its always fun picking...Good Luck Mel !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Running backs have been for me like most this year my achillies heel. Watching Ryan Grant go down the first game made me sick...Brady fans you can identify I'm sure. On my fantasy teams of go my list of Studs, A. Foster, and a free agent B.Jacobs both have scored almost a t.d. per game. My busts are R. Mathews, and M. Turner, and S. Greene. Between these bums I've gotten 5 t.d.s in 19 games. Greene got beat out by a washed out L.T.! My two roll the dice pick ups are L. Blount/T.B. and M. Lynch/Sea. both have their jobs basically handed to them on teams that need them. Blount playing along side a rusted "Cadillac" with bad wheels, on a struggling Tampa Bay team. Lynch other than watching him get his knee shredded in collage he hasn't done much anywhere. He's a journeyman on a good Seattle team who needs 100% outta him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have had a nice year thus far Wes after your best draft. I also really like Blount and have been touting him for a bit, I think he finally gets his chance from this point on. Greene has been a bust but look out for him next year, and Foster is a stud, I overlooked him in a crowded Texans backfield and never gave him his due.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.