June 15, 2009

Movie Review #11 The Hangover

The Hangover (2009) Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis Directed by Todd Phillips

From the man who brought you Road Trip and Old School comes The Hangover. It is better than Old School and I'm really glad to hear a sequel is already in the works. Ed Helms (Of Daily Show and The Office fame), Bradley Cooper (Current it guy from Yes Man, Failure to Launch), Justin Bartha (Riley from National Treasure), and the hilarious Zach Galifianakis are four buddies that blackout from a crazy bachelor party gone wrong. The comedy is priceless and the guys all have a cool chemistry that works. Heather Graham, Jeffrey Tambor, and Mike Tyson all do a nice job with their respective scenes...but keep your eye out (and believe me you'll have to look closely) for Ken Jeong who has the best "guy in trunk scene since Back to the Future. Galifianakis is deservedly the breakout here, his weird, creepy humor is laugh out loud funny, and you would want to go out and grab a beer with this guy. There are things they could have done better, but unlike the Wedding Crashers I will commend it for not pushing it and being too long. (it's a summer comedy people don't run over two hours) Todd Phillips is doing some good work, I wouldn't nominate anything here for an Oscar...but if you want to laugh your ass off and get some ideas for the next bachelor party (I have done 3 in Vegas) this film is perfect. Works great at the back end of a doubleheader. I highly recommend this movie and hope you will take the time to see it. Does it crack my top ten comedy list...no, top 25...maybe. Take the time, go grab your funny bone and your Holocaust ring and see this movie. I give it a very noble 7.0 memorable Morgan Freeman lines from Shawshank (as always people out of ten), because most of these guys really should be in prison.

Up Next (these guys are all busy) Cooper's got his first lead in the Sandra Bullock movie All About Steve...and watch out he is rumored to be in the new A-Team. You can hear Zach later this summer in the furball flick G-Force. For Phillips it is Old School Dos...wait that's it I'm going streaking...who's coming with me???

Food For Thought: Here I went with a Havarti Cheese, Pastrami sandwich...very good but I regret not bringing a pickle in I mean I wasn't with a girl...I shoulda brought the pickle. Light on the mayo, go mustard, and please for the love of god don't cheap out on the bread, and salt and pepper it.

1 comment:

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.