June 8, 2009

All Things Must Pass

Scrubs 2001-2009

So we all make mistakes, and I have made enough for a lifetime already...tonight I noticed yet another, while constructing a list of my favorite TV Shows I accidentally forgot about Scrubs. I just want to say the only reason I forgot about a show that has entertained me as good as a show can for the last eight years is because I don't watch Scrubs until the season ends and I feel like I can handle watching it (makes me sad)...usually all in one night a la tonight. Let me just say season 8 was every bit as good as season 1, and it was a fantastic run. I don't care what network it was on, or what the ratings said...Bill Lawrence, Zach Braff, Sarah Chalke, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley, Ken Jenkins, Neil Flynn, and Judy Reyes...along with Colin Hay and the rest of the gang made a really cool hospital TV show that was and still is a great unique piece of television. The two part finale on ABC ended fittingly with one of my favorite songs by the Magnetic Fields...and sung by Peter Gabriel, "The Book Of Love" while showing J.D. daydreaming of kids with Elliot and Xmas with Turk and Dr. Perry Cox...nice work. Someday in the not too distant future I will go out and get the box sets of all the seasons so I can watch them all next time I have a surgery or take a "just sit at home vacation". Unfortunately all good things come to an end and that is the sad reality of life that haunts us all...today I'm sad Scrubs is gone...but I am happy it went the right way...like Studio 60 (though a much shorter run it was also allowed a series finale though ratings were dropping) it was a well respected show deserving of a great finale. The fans thank ABC for letting it go in style.

P.S. My Fav episodes My Musical, My Way Home, My Point Of No Return, and My Last Words...though seriously very consistent they are all good. All good high five!

3 comments:

  1. Dude, Scrubs rules!! Never got the respect it deserved. I thought it was a better show than friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Braff is like a director now?? What about Bill Lawrence, and I heard Scrubs might still be back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this show COME BACK Zach!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.