December 7, 2009

Fantasy Football Update # 10 (week 14 playoff week)!

It's never a good sign when you are already crazy excited about the Baseball Hot Stove League, and your 14-4 Basketball team, but such is life in the brain of fanatical sports fan when he comes to realize that his football team is a pretender not a contender. As many of you know I am not a great speller (nor am I great at grammar), kinda makes you wonder why I blog...anyway one of those words that I never quite get right is a little word called "Mediocre"...that is a strange word right? M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E...I never get that one right...so for this weeks Football Update opening, I thought I'd give myself some exercise with this word. MEDIOCRE...let's see...M-stands for Maturity-as in the Patriots team lacks Maturity (why else would they always go for it on fourth down when they should be kicking field goals, because their red zone offense is awful) E-stands for Every fantasy season is filled with it's good calls and bad calls(like good call Matt Schaub or Thomas Jones, or bad call Julious Jones or Jason Witten) D-stands for Defense is also important, the Patriots realize this...and my fantasy team realizes this (maybe I should've gone after a stud defense earlier in the draft?) I-stands for I can't believe we (and be we I mean the Patriots) gave away games to the Dolphins, Jets, and Colts! O-stands for Only relying on one guy to carry your fantasy team (um Brady...it's no secret that in the one league, where Mr. Brady is not my Quarterback I am 10-3) is a bad idea C-stands for Cedric Benson...he literally saved my season in two leagues R-stands for Richard Seymour...remember him? I do he was awesome, and he was the Patriots Pass Rush...I miss having a pass rush and E-stands for Every league I have been in so far in fantasy football...very single one thus far, I have made the playoffs...so how about I stop complaining now. My teams mediocre as they may be...all snuck into their respective playoffs...let's break it down!

Pats (League 1) 10 team, standard scoring (ESPN) Record 7-6 (3rd), Points 1280 (3rd)
I close out the regular season with a win 94-81 (which I needed to get into the playoffs)...5 teams at 6-6 were vying for the the last two spots in the playoffs (4 playoff spots in this league)...I get in with a well rounded lineup...T Brady (24 pts), C Benson (14 pts), Forte (13 pts), W Welker (18 pts), and Matty Prater (15 pts)...guys like Gore and Dallas Clark let me down but I got enough.
Moves-I did a ton of moves in frantic panic trying to get that last win so I could go from 2-6 to 7-6...I may have cost myself a win in the playoffs with all the moves and a lack of good match-ups this week but at least I got in. I traded S Rice and J Witten for Dallas Clark and M Prater (just got tired of Witten and though Clark was bad this past week Prater was great) I also traded Slaton and K Smith for A Boldin and F Jackson, who both have better match-ups this
week.
Week 14 (playoffs week 1) lineup (subject to change)-T Brady (CAR), F Jackson (@KAN), W Welker (CAR), A Boldin (@SFO), C Benson (@MIN). M Parater (@IND), and Green Bay D/ST (@CHI)

Dirty Dawgs (League 2) 10 team, non-standard scoring (CBS), Record 6-7 (2nd), Points 878 (3rd)
I close out the regular season with a win here as well which inmy awful divison is enough to boost me into second place...I like my week one playoff mat-up but after that it gets shaky...I am the defending champ in this league. Again a blanced attack got me thorugh this one as well...led by T Brady (30 pts), C Benson (8 pts), T Jones (8 pts), B Marshall (8 pts), W Welker (12 pts), and T Gonzalez (6 pts)...the only guys who let me down were the Chargers D/ST (3 pts) and K Brown the kicker (4 pts)...but it was enough so i'll take it.
Moves-N/A
Week 14 (playoffs week 1) lineup (subject to change)-T Brady (CAR), C Benson (@MIN), T Jones (@TAM), B Marshall (@Ind), W Welker (CAR), T Gonzo (NOR), K Brown (SEA), and the Eagles D/ST

In the mysterious 3rd league I made it a clean sweep going 3-0 in all leagues...I am am 10-3 and hoping for a first round win!

Some advice from the guy who is 7-6 and 6-7 and in the playoffs in all leagues-Don't get cute play your studs and only if the match-up is really good make that change...Give F Jackson, J Charles, T Jones, and R Mendenhall the respect they deserve this week!. Good Luck! For those who didn't make it...go ahead and make trades if you are in a keeper league...you are never going to get the kind of value for those mediocre guys that have a good schedule than you are right now...make the trades if it helps your team next year!

Bet on this (just don't get mad at me)-What was my word of this week again...oh yeah mediocre and yeah that sounds about right for last weeks picks...Dam You Bellichck!...ok so let's try again.
Like Em (14-21 on year)-Den (+7.5) @ IND...i'll keep trying till they lose, Green Bay (-3) @ CHI...the bears are awful and the Packers will get 3 Cutler interceptions to work off of, and the over 43 in the NWE vs CAR game...think they are mad...I do.
3 if you can stomach em (6/21 on year)-Looking for a big payday try DEN ML @ IND, SDG ML @ DAL, and CIN ML @ MIN...these guys all have a shot at pulling upsets.
1 Parlay (14/23 on year)-Take the over in the NWE game 43, the over 37 in the BUF @ KAN game, and the NYJ (-4) @ TAM...see how that works.

Good Luck in the fantasy playoffs and in reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.