December 3, 2009

Fantasy Football Update #9 (week 13) and Fantasy Basketball Update 1.99!

Tom "F-ing" Brady...why!!!! So the last time I checked in I was a paltry 4-6 in League 1 (ESPN) trying desperately to fight back into the playoffs as my Tom Brady experiment was failing me, In League 2 (CBS) I was also 4-6 and holding firm at a low level playoff spot...and of course in the mysterious third league (Yahoo) I was a sharp 7-3. Well two weeks later there is some drama to report. In the beginning of the year I thought in the ESPN league I was a sure fire top three team, as the year went on it was apparent that the Fantasy gods hated me for my cocky attitude and trust in Brady so at one point I was a sad 2-6 in the league...now after a 4 game win streak I find myself in a win and I'm in situation and their are literally five 6-6 teams all with a chance at the last two playoff spots (that's what it's all about...makes for great fun) in the CBS league again because of what I gave up for Brady and what I thought to be a bad draft I was sure I would stink this year and I would return next year (with Brady as my keeper and redeem myself...I was last years champ) but although in the last two weeks I went 1-1 and have only a 5-7 record it does look good for me playoff wise and I am happy with the moves I have made with this team which is much better now than it was in week 1. So here it is the last regular season week, let's break down the last 2 and see if I can redeem a very mediocre season thus far with a couple of wins this week. Quote of the week-You can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find...you get what you need-That was the great Rolling Stones-and one of my most used quotes of all time.

Pats (League 1) 10 team, standard scoring (ESPN) Record 6-6 (3rd), Points 1186 (3rd)
2 Weeks ago (week 11) I beat my arch-nemesis Fredo 108-102 with a balanced attack from 4 solid players...he even had Rickey Williams when he he blew up for 33 points, but I held him off with T Brady (20 pts), K Smith (22 pts), S Rice (20 pts), and Patriots D/ST (22 pts), then last week (week 12) in a lackluster performance, I lucked out (as things balance themselves out from earlier in the year) with a 70-47 win (the two lows of the week) T Brady kills me with (5 pts), and my only stud was the waiver wired Packers D/ST (23 pts)...I'll take it!
Moves-In a move that really helped me I counter-offered somebody a quick thoughtless I'll give you Colston and a recently added L McCoy for his Matt Forte (i figured I ranked him so high that maybe I deserve to have him) and S Rice...he went for it...and Rice has been great for me...though I miss Colston. In a late move I acquired Wes Welker for a recently added T. Owens who some guy in the league fell in love with again...I'll take it, and now I have to decide to start Welker or Rice...it's tough.
Week 13 lineup (subject to change)-Tom Brady (@MIA), Frank Gore (@SEA), Matt Forte (STL), C Benson (DET), W Welker (@MIA), Jason Witten (@NYG), Shane Grahmam (DET), and Chargers D/ST (@CLE) C'mon!

Dirty Dawgs (League 2) 10 team, non-standard scoring (CBS), Record 5-7 (3rd), Points 799 (4th)
2 weeks ago (week 11) I won a nail-biter 60-57 led by T Brady (16 pts), W Welker (14 pts), V Shiancoe (14 pts), and T Jones (8 pts), turns out that win was really needed for me because in a league with non-standard scoring I had an awful (week 12) as T Brady (0 pts) had his worst game of the year and led me to an awful 25-33 loss that may have cost me 2nd place in my division. In this league 4 out of 5 in the divisions make the playoffs and I am in pretty good shape to make it in, but I really need this week 13 win to have a shot at 2nd place in my division and to not have to sweat making the playoffs. C'mon Dawgs! This is what fantasy is all about meaningful last weeks in the fantasy season...this is why it's fun to play (and so hard to watch Brady get pulled from a game where you need 1 TD...AHH!)
Moves-No moves, I win or lose on the backs of what I did all year...this team was awful, had a bad draft, and no depth, I was lucky to get it to have a roster that has a shot...and I hope it makes me look good here!
Week 13 lineup (subject to change)- Tom Brady (@MIA), T Jones (@BUF), C Benson (DET), W Welker (@MIA), B Marshall (@KAN), T Gonzalez (PHI), K Brown (@JAC), and the Chargers D/ST C'mon!

Quick Update in the mysterious 3rd league...I stand at 9-3 and am led by the mighty Bret Favre!

Some advice from the guy who is 6-6 and 5-7-It is time to see if all that knowledge paid off, make sure you play your best match-ups and be confident in the guys acquired all year long. As always don't be afraid to bench guys even in the playoffs if the match-up dictates it. It is a little late to be picking up guys off the scrap heap but take a good look at V Young and K Brit, their match-ups are good and they are on a roll...also kickers can make or break close ones as you know, so look at Matt Bryant (recently added on the Falcons) and S Graham (CIN) who is making long field goals right now.

Fantasy Basketball Update 1.99
10 team, standard scoring (ESPN) 1st place
I'm still in first led still by Wade and Melo, however since Al Jefferson (who I got for G Arenas) is still struggling for me I am dangerously close to losing my top spot. I am in the middle of several trade offers as I search for rebounds and assists. In the meantime I got Tyreke Evans (SAC) from the waiver wire and he has been great, and also I couldn't resist picking up The Answer (Allen Iverson) after he signed with the 76ers. More to come!

Bet on this (just don't get mad at me)-So not a great week 10 but we hung around...so still up for the year. Like Em picks we went 2-0-1 in week 10 with the Lions late win (-3) so we are 13/18 for the year. In the 3 if you can stomach em we went 0-3 for the first time in week 10 which puts us at 5/18 on the year betting the dogs...and finally in the 1 parlay we got greedy with a 4-teamer and split it to go 12/20 on the year. Not terrible but could be better...let's get it back together this week (13).
Like Em-NWE (-3) @ MIA...the Pats rebound attacking a bad secondary, The over in the Minn @ ARI game 48...how could it not? Denver (-4.5) should beat up Kansas City soundly as they get their run defense together for the stretch run.
3 if you can stomach em-Take NYG ML @ DAL as it is December and Romo is Romo...Try yet again to take TAM ML @CAR as the Panthers season is over and John Fox should be gone soon...and lastly give a shot to TEN ML @IND because they are red hot and Indy still can't stop the run.
1 Parlay-Take NWE (-3) and the over 44, and add on Denver (-4.5) for hopefully a nice win.

3 comments:

  1. Nick, Tom F*ing Brady. got him in two leagues right? Sage old advice...never put your eggs in one basket. One player is nver the down fall of an entire team but, emeotionally it'll kill ya. Kinda like the Saints on Monday night, LOL! Yeah that is a cheap shot but in defence my Cowboys will be another sacrficial lamb for the "Whodats" in a week or two.

    By the way that trade is ready, get on it before I change my mind. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a ride! This has been quite a season for Team Pucker Factor, now you know why I named them as such. Many a S-T I was "puckered"

    Nick great job at the helm of our league. Logistics, BBQ planning and excution great. Cindy and I would love to have you & Anni over the house for (a rematch in darts for $10.00) dinner! Next year will be great as well with some of the enhancements we made.

    As for week 14 and my David vs Golith battle with the "Pimps". Golith was refered to as an "uncircumcized Philistein" in scriptures, although I would refer to mia Pizan as such. The thought of engaging him in the play-offs after carring my "ass" home in a plastic Wal-Mart bag after a sound ass whooping duriong the regular season is undauting.

    I tweeked my roster, dropped a def. and picked up thier advasary I believe all will be well and I'll advance to the Super Bowl with my battle axe for either you of Freddo.

    So here it is:

    Pine Riders:
    P. Thomas is riding the pine for week 14. I've had much faith for P.T. but this is no time for surprises or dissappointment!

    M.Austin, much love for Miles, but even though he don't know it it's play-off time for me and San Deigo scares me. He's Romo's go to guys but...

    Dropped the 49'ers Def. Added the Cardnials def. I've heard much talk on about the Cardnials def and how stout they've got an identitity now, for what it's worth I'm "drinking the kool aid" on this one.

    Starters:

    R. Meachem, he's becoming a household name in N.O. he plays both sides of the ball, like him in N.O.'s offence. It's a no brainer starting him over P.Thomas.

    A Johnson, yeah, yeah, yeah. If I bench him Nick wil lbe all over me for this. I have to go with the #'s and the "experts" here. He's in the top 5 of recievers, and will be my keeper for the 2010 season. I'm putting the "saddle" on him and riding him in the play-offs!

    Cardnials def. i like the match up in Frisco. good pass rush, they should keep A. Smith on his toes. Secondary with the Vets they have should keep M. Crabtree under 100 yrds.

    R. Lindell, verses K.C. c'mon Ryan gimme three field goals, and two PAT's and I'll give you a PAT on the ass heading out the tunnel.

    That's my story and I stickin' to it. That trophy would look great in our new house. Freddo buddy, you blew me off on the trade requests. The fantasy gods will have team Pats rain on you this week.

    Good luck to one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post Wes! I wish you the best of luck against Jake and his Pimps...I am still going back and forth on all my starters...I need to follow my own advice and just go with my best guys. For sure about dinner !

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.