May 5, 2010

American Idol Update #11

Harry Connick Jr.was really cool on American Idol this week and that helped me get through a week where my favorite (and my pick to win, Siobhan wasn’t there…though she was great on Letterman). The week overall was pretty lackluster performance-wise, but Connick kept it light and funny. I think it will be pretty boring the rest of the way, with only really Crystal and Lee capable of winning (Just don’t see it Big Mike) so I will try to fight on, but this may be last ride with Idol (3 years not bad).

Top 5-Sinatra week

Best Performance of Top 6 week:

· (1) Lee Dewyze-(That’s Life) I’ve heard better versions, but Lee was fine and in a lackluster week he still shined.

· (2)Aaron Kelly-(In Other Words) I was going to put Michael Lynche in here as he did a fair job, but since I think Aaron Kelly is leaving (even though Casey James sucked) I will give him a shout out. A nice performance of a great classic song.

Worst Performance of Top 5 week:

· (1) Casey James-(Blue Skies) Wow was this awful, I know better than to think he is leaving, but this was really awful…I honestly believe I could do better LOL.

Push for top 5 week (just fine, not great): Crystal Bowerson (Summer Wind) was just ok, a little too soft for a great song and I am annoyed that she talks so much after her performance (as they all do at this stage)…very average. Michael Lynche (The Way You Look Tonight) Great song, good solid performance, but he has a hard time separating himself from the others.

Current Pick to Win: Lee Dewyze-Well maybe it will be a guy after all.

Runner Up: Michael Lynche-I still think there will be a shocker moment when Crystal is eliminated so I’m going Big Mike here…though yes Crystal is much much better.

Prediction-Going Home this week- Aaron Kelly is leaving, but Casey James really should.

***Aaron Kelly goes home as predicted, but he was good and got better in the last few weeks…Harry Connick was good, Lady GaGa showed us her nipple, and we finally saw the fakeness of the show, as they went overall the Tuesday routines (and the awesome fake judges). Really no good downloads this***

1 comment:

  1. I may be coming around to your logic, Siobhan certainly deserved a few more weeks, now I don't like really any of them.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.