September 15, 2010

Fantasy Football Update #2 2010 (Week 2)

A stunning 95-78 opening week victory for my Dirty Dawgs, it was seriously exhausting watching all that football after such a long layoff…(in all honesty I fell asleep from shear boredom watching that Cowboys Redskins game). When it was all over I popped a bottle of wine and detoxed from football with Rubicon and Mad Men two good AMC shows that you should be watching…alright let’s break it down.

Dirty Dawgs (CBS) 10 Team League/Mostly Standard Scoring/6 Playoff spots (5th Pick)

Current Record 1-0

Week 2 Lineup (Subject to change):

QB-Tom Brady (@Jets)-Looks like the 16-0 Brady from 3 years ago may be back…I’ll temper my expectations against the solid Jets Pass Defense.

RB-Ray Rice (@CIN)-It was a bad matchup (Jets) and 43 RuYards and 19 RecYards is pretty bad for a first round pick but I won’t complain given that I won anyway. Cincy’s run defense is pretty good but Rice has a history of good games against them…I need him to carry me this week.

RB-Brandon Jackson (BUF)-Losing Ryan Grant was a huge blow to my team and the idea of starting 3 RB’s every week is pretty much a thing of the past for me (unless Jackson shows up big) but at least I was able to grab his back up…now it’s time to see what Brandon Jackson can do, against Buffalo you couldn’t ask for a better starting opponent.

RB-Jerome Harrison (KC)-Last week I ended up benching Crabtree at the last minute for Jerome Harrison who would have had a good game but Peyton Hillis vultured some carries away from my man, he still put up 52 RuYards in only 9 carries and something tells me Delhomme won’t be allowed to throw late in this game after last week, so he gets another chance in my starting roster…BTW last year KC was the team he put up 200+ RuYards against.

WR-Roddy White (ARI)- I drafted him to be my #1 receiver so you know I liked him, but even I was shocked to see how often Matty Ice threw to him, 13 catches and 111 yards is gonna be just fine every week…maybe throw a TD in there every once in awhile.

TE-Antonio Gates (JAC)-Going into Monday Night I needed 2 points to win, Gates gave me 14 and that’s why you draft him as high as you do.

K-David Buehler (CHI)-Last week Feeley let me down a bit (5 pts) so this week I decided to give the Cowboys offense a chance to score some points…this could be ugly. (P.S. Why does Jason Garrett get paid so much for being one of the worst offensive coordinators in the league?).

D/ST-Eagles D/ST (@DET)-I was tempted to stick with the Saints who did a nice job against the Viking last week, but I couldn’t sit the Eagles D/ST against Shaun Hill and the Lions, though I still think the Lions can do some damage, I am just rooting for turnovers.

Some advice from the guy who is 1-0-If you haven’t learned your lesson yet, you should now know to draft your stud RB’s backups…they seriously come in handy when someone does a “Ryan-Grant” on you. Stick with your guys through week 1, if you own Gore, Rice, Spiller, or even Matthews don’t just give up on your guy…one week does not make a bust. Look TE’s are the only way you can really pull off the 3 RB/1 WR starting roster…that stud TE acts as your 2nd WR and allows you to roll the dice on a RB that is guaranteed touches. I have always been pro drafting a QB early and pro drafting a TE early…they add such balance to your roster. If he stays healthy Gates will be more valuable to my team then Ryan Grant would have…now let’s see how my theory plays out. Lastly it is never too early to start making adjustments toward your playoffs. If you know your team is good and you really think you will get into the playoffs then start trading guys toward those guys you want in weeks 14, 15, and 16…it’s never too early to trade.

Keep an eye on-Nate Washington who put up 88 yards and a TD in week 1, maybe he is what we thought Kenny Britt would be. Austin Collie, now Manning threw like 4,000 times but it is hard to ignore 163 receiving yards and a TD…I would grab him if your roster permits. Denver WR’s, i.e. Eddie Royal and Jabar Gaffney…look this team is going to throw the ball a la Patriots grab these guys now!

The Rest of my Leagues-I went 0-3 in my other 3 leagues and though I put up good numbers in all of them it wasn’t good enough. I am making adjustments and hoping for a rebound in all 3.

Bet on this, but don’t get mad at me-(Week 2)-2009 stats-66% on the Like em bets, 26% on the 3 If you can stomach em underdog picks, and 31% on the Parlay to try pick. 2010 stats-33% on the Like em bets, 66% on the 3 If you can stomach em bets, and 66% on the Parlay to try picks.

Like em-I like Over 41 in the Eagles @ Lions game, the Lions can still score and the Eagles will score on defense…maybe more than once. I’ll take the Vikings -4 vs. the Dolphins, the Fins really showed me nothing in week 1 and they won’t be able to run on the Vikings. Finally the Patriots -1 ½ @ the Jets have to be a lock…the Jets are in disarray and Mr. Belicheck is coming to town.

3 If you can stomach em-In the Manning vs. Manning bowl I will go with lil bro Eli and his Giants +ML @ Colts, Don’t laugh but I’m not walking away from the 49ers +ML who just might pull off an upset Monday night vs the Saints, finally I was tempted by the Cowboys/Bears game but then I remembered Cutler and Martz and how much they suck so for the big payday upset why not try to ride out this Norv Turner is an idiot thing and bet on the Jaguars +ML to roll out a 2-0 start after beating the Chargers in San Diego. (I did go 2 out of 3 last week so I took some more risk on this week).

Parlay to try-Patriots -1 ½ @ Jets, Over 42 ½ in the Bills @ Packers game, and actually the Raiders -3 ½ vs. the Rams. 2 out of 3 on my 3 teamer last week won’t cut it but don’t give up on me yet!

Results will be posted after Week 2

Good Luck in all Fantasy and Reality!

4 comments:

  1. Ray Rice just killed me in Week 1!! I lost by 5 measly points - points I seriously expected Rice to get me (at a bare minimum!). Oh well.

    Everyone else did fairly well for me. I played the Pats D/ST over the Eagles, against what everything I read told me. And it turned out to be a great move. But yeah, who can resist playing the Eagles D/ST when they are playing the lions? Especially since they don't have a QB.

    Good luck in Week 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rice will be better, the Jets can really stop the run well, by the end of the year he will have won your team at least a few games with his big weeks. I really feel bad for the Lions who just got ripped off in what would have been a big win...but seriously I am still not walking away from this team, they will win a few and they are getting much better. Great call on Pats D I thought about it but wussied out

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with on the Giants and Jags moneyline, I think those are smart picks, but still dangerous. After what I saw in week 1 I can't really say that the 49ers are worth a dam right now, I need to see more. Also RYAN F@@@ing Grant we both felt the blow of that one, he was a solid 1200 and 8 tds but oh well thats how fantasy goes. Ok one quick question Portis or Felix Jones in my flex? and Henne or Alex Smith as my 2nd QB?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Portis and Jones is close but I'm taking Jones since J Garrett took heat for not running more, and I'll go Henne slightly over Smith...But I still have faith in Smith and the 49ers.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.