September 23, 2010

Fantasy Football Update #3 2010 (Week 3)

Well I guess in a way I deserved to lose this week, as I was rooting for the 49ers to cover, that said if they had failed to tie the game my Dirty Dawgs Fantasy team would be a strong 2-0 right now…oh well that’s fantasy.

Dirty Dawgs (CBS) 10 Team League/Mostly Standard Scoring/6 Playoff spots (5th Pick)

Current Record 1-1

Week 2 Lineup (Subject to change):

QB-Tom Brady (BUF)- Look if Ray Rice was going to lay another egg I needed Brady to actually produce something in the 2nd half of the Jets game…he didn’t and I lost. About mid 3rd quarter all I could think about was where is my Pats Hoodie and get a freaking haircut! Brady can make up for it this week by pummeling the Bills at home…which he will.

RB-Ray Rice (CLE)- Rice was supposed to carry me, 87 RuYards and 30 RecYards wasn’t quite good enough, but I’m still not worried about him really. Now if he doesn’t dominate the Browns at home…then I’m worried.

RB-Clinton Portis (@STL)- I went Jerome Harrison over Portis last week and it cost me, it was probably because I was rooting for Harrison to do well as he was one of my big sleeper picks, but that sentiment ends now as Portis vs the Rams awful defense is a week I have to pencil him in for double digit fantasy points.

RB-Knowshon Moreno (IND)- Look he hasn’t been bad so far this year, but he hasn’t been that great either, I figure that the Colts vs Broncos game will actually be a close one, and I don’t really like the Colts run defense, so here we go Knowshon you get a start.

WR-Roddy White (@NO)-Anybody else think Roddy White is a legit top 3 WR in the NFL? How about anybody else think that the Falcons can beat the Saints in New Orleans?

TE-Antonio Gates (@SEA)-THIS IS WHY YOU DRAFT GATES EARLY…I hope if you drafted Tony Gonzalez or Chris Cooley and thought meh that’s good enough, you have learned your lesson.

K-David Buehler (@HOU)-The Cowboys can’t find the endzone…well at least I know their kicker will be useful.

D/ST-Eagles D/ST (@JAC)-This Defense isn’t good, but they do have playmakers and they are going up against JAC who just threw a million INT’s last week…I think it is a smart start.

Some advice from the guy who is 1-1-Make adjustments as quickly as you can, look if you had Pierre Thomas he is bumped up a notch…if you don’t have him, you may want to consider going out and getting him now that Bush is out. There are a lot of players that benefit from injuries and QB switches that you may recognize but others don’t. Remember Michael Vick and TE A. Crumpler?…now consider Brent Celek? How about Sammy Morris (in a deeper league) from New England, because someone has to play the Kevin Faulk roll? These are guys you can “buy low” on and get away with.

Keep an eye on-Demaryius Thomas (WR DEN) I was really on board with Jabar Gaffney (there were lots of us that were), but right now this guy looks legit. I thought about Louis Murphy (WR OAK) in a few drafts but just couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger on him, now I think if you have room he might be worth it, Bruce Gradkowski is a fan favorite and I think will unseat Campbell and that should be good news for Murphy. I’m just not buying Hester but give me a week and I may reconsider. Deep Sleeper Alert! Ok don’t laugh…I think Ryan Fitzpatrick (QB BUF) is ownable in 2 Quarterback leagues…they play the Pats who have a hard time with the pass this week, and maybe the Harvard boy gets on a roll after that…call me crazy but I like him WAY better than Trent Edwards.

Bet on this, but don’t get mad at me-(Week 3)-2009 stats-66% on the Like em bets, 26% on the 3 If you can stomach em underdog picks, and 31% on the Parlay to try pick. 2010 stats-33% (2 for 6) on the Like em bets, 33% (2 for 6) on the 3 If you can stomach em bets, and 66% (4 for 6) on the Parlay to try picks.

Like em-Cincy -3 @ CAR at first glance this would appear to be a game John Fox and his Panthers would win, but take a closer look at that Bengal defense and that Notre Dame QB…yeah I think this is a lock. I love Over 42 in the NE vs. BUF game…look the Pats will score…and sadly so will the Bills as the Pats Defense is WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE! Finally the Packers -3 @ the Bears is one I can’t lay off of, I don’t care what they say about Martz and Cutler…he throws 2 picks in this game!

3 If you can stomach em-So last week didn’t go so well, who knew the 49ers were going to hand it to the Saints? Let’s try some more reasonable upsets this week…well maybe one crazy one. Take Oakland +ML @ AZ as I still see almost nothing good in Glendale. Give some props to Atlanta +ML @ New Orleans as I don’t see the Saints going 3-0, though I do think they will ultimately win that division. I was so tempted to go Detroit @ Vikings but my senses won’t let me so how about an equally crazy one…Denver +ML vs. Indy…I hate Indy so it may be blinding me, but even taking that into consideration I still could see this a Bronco victory.

Parlay to try-I want to try Tenn +3 @ NYG, Over 42 in the Pats vs. Bills game, and seal it with the 49ers -3 (I will regret this) @ KC in what will be a huge test for fragile minded Alex Smith in a LOUD stadium.

***BONUS COLLEGE FOOTBALL PICKS***It’s one week early (I like to go week 5 on College before betting) but I will throw you two games I like this week, Penn St. -15 vs. Temple is a lock and I’ll take the +4 with BYU at home vs Nevada.

Results will be posted after Week 3

Good Luck in all Fantasy and Reality!

2 comments:

  1. Nevada will kill BYU but I also think Penn St. will cover. I think you should consider Knox or Maclin over Moreno, in my 12 team league I benched Brandon Jackson for Knox because of the shoot out possibility on Monday night. Good Luck and don't waste your money on BYU!! P.S. Cincy is a lock in the NFL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I'm on board with BYU +4 and I put a little cheese on it so we will see. I had to bench Moreno for Maclin becaue of the Hamstring injury (man he is injury prone but I like him as a player and wont give up on him yet). I like Knox as well but my partner liked Maclin so I thought WTF. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.