September 30, 2010

Fantasy Football Update #4 2010 (Week 4)

A very workman like 128-84 victory in week 3 for the Dirty Dawgs. Even though I didn’t get any production from my running backs (Portis 4 pts, Rice 8 pts), I still put up very solid numbers getting value from every other position.

Dirty Dawgs (CBS) 10 Team League/Mostly Standard Scoring/6 Playoff spots (5th Pick)

Current Record 2-1

Week 3 Lineup (Subject to change):

QB-Tom Brady (@MIA)-Brady on Monday Night @ the Dolphins worries me a bit, but I still think he gets over 250 (yds) and at least 2 TD’s.

RB-Brandon Jackson (DET)-This will be a down to the wire call for me as it’s starting to look like Rice will start (@PIT), but it’s the Steelers and he doesn’t sound like he’s a 100% healthy. My RB situation after losing R Grant and K Moreno early is going to be a work in progress all year. All I can say in defense of this move is that B-Jax last 100 yd game came in 2008…against guess who?…the Lions.

WR-Roddy White (SF)-He has been great every week for me and I could really use a big day again from him as my roster is thin this week. I am hoping for a 2 TD day, but I expect at least one TD.

WR-Jeremy Maclin (WAS)-After his 2 TD day last week its hard for me to bench him, he seems to really have connected with QB M Vick. I got him as a value pick late in this years draft, and he’s been invaluable to this team thus far.

WR-Johnny Knox (@NYG)-He is Cutler’s go to guy so far, and he is explosive and capable of big plays as he averages 23.5 yds per catch thus far. My RB’s are all hurting right now so he is in there as a fill in, but I hope he plays like a starter.

TE-Antonio Gates (@SEA)-Just another 109 yds and a TD last week for Mr. Gates who without Vincent Jackson on that offense is the go to guy.

K-Jay Feeley (@SD)-I have no idea what Feeley will do here…I hate kickers, seriously hate them.

D/ST-Saints (CAR)-I really try to get the right defense in there at the right time, I can’t think of a better defense (the opportunistic Saints D) against a really bad offense (the lost in the sauce Panthers with a rookie QB)…maybe Defense will get me the win this week?

Some advice from the guy who is 2-1-Here come the bye weeks which means 2 things, guys who don’t normally start find themselves in your lineup, and guys who have glaring needs for the immediate matchup are more likely to trade to fill in the gaps…so my advice is no matter how much people get offended by trade offers they deem not worthy, just keep cranking out offers and staying active looking for the right trade.

Keep an eye on-Ben Jarvis Green Ellis, LaGarrette Blount, and Ryan Torain. 3 RB’s that I think will all be getting much more work than they are right now in the next coming weeks…ok that’s it for this week as I need more room to do my betting section.

Bet on this, but don’t get mad at me-(Week 4)-2009 stats-66% on the Like em bets, 26% on the 3 If you can stomach em underdog picks, and 58% on the Parlay to try picks. 2010 stats-44% (4 for 9) on the Like em bets, 33% (3 for 9) on the 3 If you can stomach em bets, and 66% (6 for 9) on the Parlay to try picks.

Like em-The Packers screwed us out of a perfect week last week so I’m staying away from them this week, instead try the Pats -1 @ MIA as they go into the bye looking strong. Take Over 39 with SEA @ STL as both these teams are young and big play friendly. Lastly, though I like Ryan Fitzpatrick I don’t like him being hurried around the pocket by the Jets Defense so take NYJ -5 ½ @ BUF.

3 If you can stomach em-Coming into this last game Sebastian Janikowski had made 19 straight FG’s…he missed 3 including a game winner…that was hard to stomach. Look Pit can’t keep this up forever and BAL could use a win I like BAL +ML @ PIT. I may be looking at this wrong but I am rolling with McNabb in his return game…Reid might let him win this one…go for WAS +ML @ PHI. I don’t love this game but you guys would kill me if I went with the Bronco or 49ers again so here we go: take Cutler and his Bears +ML @ NYG, even though it’s a must win for the Giants.

Parlay to try-HOU -3 @ OAK, Over 39 in the SEA @ STL game, and seal it up with NYJ -5 ½ @ BUF.

2 to win in College Football-Take the Irish ND +1.5 @ BC…they are due for a win after a tough run and BC is my team, I watch them, they won’t be able to handle this well coached team. I’d love to tell you to take Penn St. +7 @ Iowa but I know better this is about winning and if you want to win take Arkansas St. -6.5 vs. Louisville.

Results will be posted after Week 4

Good Luck in all Fantasy and Reality!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Dude go with Brandon Jackson I think he will actually break out in this game, I also think you are dead on right about the over in the Seahawks game, but don't understand why you would pick the the Redskins to beat the Eagles, I don't see that at all.
    Good Luck Nick!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.