April 19, 2009

Fantasy Update #4 (baseball)

Ok so I am in fourth and eighth place thus far, I know not great but i'm not ready to wave the panic flag yet and you shouldn't either. The season is young (13 games) here are a few things we do know, the Yankees middle relief is awful, D Ortiz is looking like he misses Manny and a healthy wrist, and the pitching for the most part is still deep and we don't know yet who the elite guys are (we need a few more weeks for that) so you can still remain very flexible with your pitching pick ups and drops, remain matchup friendly.

I busted on a couple guys that I have left in the dust already, C Carpenter was great...for about two minutes then he got seriously hurt again, I would wait on him, but I can't, I need the roster space for someone who will play like...A Galarraga, or even U Jimenez. X-Man, the untier, Xavier Nady from the Yankees, my lone Yankee got hurt, good for my Sox (he is a great player), but bad for my fantasy team and the Yankees who if they thought they had a nice piece to trade for pitching in about 6 weeks...think again. Other than that I just moved some peices around that will probably jump in and out of my team all year, Lowell-not awful 262%/2HR/10RBI, but not good enough to warrant starts over Beltre or Wright yet...plus he doesn't run and if you want to be my Utility guy you better hit a shit load of homers, or steal some bases. So though he is one of my favorites, he is relagated to the waiver wire for the moment. Also my favorite current Red Sox player Tim Wakefield almost got a no-no at 42 years old...that was a great game...and even though my heart said go get em!, my brain said he is a guy you can't figure out and will kill you on a bad day. So congrats to me for showing self-restraint.

Some advice from the guy who is 4th and 8th currently

Think about sell highs right now, if your league trades, get rid of guys you don't love that are playing over their heads...Swisher, Ryan Ludwick, or C Guzman, get some value now...the road only leads south from this point on.

Keep an eye on some FO Real playas...E Dukes...love him, he will be great, A Lind...very real numbers this year, F Lewis...best thing the Giants have going on offense right now.

Stock Up: A Galarraga, Andruw Jones, Luis Castillo, and Joe Sauders (the guy was left for dead in both my drafts...he looks sharp)

Stock Down: Dice-K, O Perez, D Ortiz, J Valverde, J Lester, and C Wang...way down lol

Some key Drops from my team...K Shoppach, Mike Lowell, X Nady, B Penny, H Kuroda, and made one trade...(don't kill me yet, I can explain this one), Dice-K for Lester, I gave up on Lester and Dice-K is attacking the strike zone, when he comes back healthy he will be good (and if i'm wrong feel free to do the "I told you so dance on me".

Some Key Additions, R Franklin, F Rodney, W-Rod, A Galarraga, J Saunders, J Masterson, M Scutaro, and U Jimenez.

News and Rants: Keith Olberman's got a baseball blog on MLB.com...maybe all of you know this already, I just found out, it's a good read. Is there any one manager in baseball that kills fantasy teams like Tony La Russa, this guy makes a sick amount of weird roster moves it kills my ability to pick someone up (I have R Franklin this week C Perez next week anyone??), finally what better way to open the new Yankee Staduim than with a loss, followed up by a 14-run 2nd inning game the Yanks lost 22 to 4, this team is better than that, I have a feeling new manager Joe G. will be on the hot seat very soon. Congrats to Griffey and the Mariners I have them winning the west and they look good so far, Congrats to Timmy Wakefield the ageless one, Congrats to Ian Kinsler for showing me just how wrong I might be for thinking Chase Utley is better, and finally Congrats to those teams that have their respective cities buzzing again...Florida-unreal pitching, Toronto-nice offense, K.C.-Alex Gordenless...and couldn't care less (go get Gil Meche right now!), and the Padres-i've been to this staduim and love love love San Diego I hope they stick around, and I hope Chris Young and Peavy lead them to a solid year.

Good luck everyone...give me some advice, I need to hear from you!! All two of you LOL.

2 comments:

  1. Chase Utley is better than Kinsler, he will have better numbers in the end, I just picked up Way-Rod as well, hope he does well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Zack Grienke is on fire...even better than Meche...can K.C. make a move??

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.