May 31, 2009

Week In Review #4

Lakers on their way to another finals and most likely a win (Bill Simmons save us with long rants about how selfish Kobe is!!)...I hate them...Yanks on top of the division...I just barely hate them more (and settle down it's a 1/2 game)...and the The President goes on a date...with his wife???...how about that.

Alright lets do a Week in Review...it's the summer people, time for me to close all my doors, turn off my phone, and ignore the outside world while I catch up on old Scrubs episodes on my DVR, watch old flicks I've never seen (and consequently people yell at me for not seeing) like Night at the Museum (there will be no review but Carla Gugino is very hot...and Owen Wilson was clearly whacked out of his mind while filming that movie), and make sure I am aware of the latest in the conspiracy world...you know not that I can do anything about it...just like to be aware. (also the time when I get really bored and write on my blog :) and download songs I wish people will never see on my ipod...this weeks guilty pleasure...um Miley Cyrus "The Climb"...yeah don't bother calling to make fun of me...the phone is off).

ROUNDUP So sometimes I don't get politics, we have a President who decides to take his wife (who is pretty hot) out for a date, not an intern, not Dick Cheney, or Browny, but his own wife...and somehow that is bad thing...Whatever. GM is going to file Bankruptcy (big shocker there, go rent "Who Killed the Electirc Car" and witness the genius that is GM) and that's not even though worst news of the week...Millvina Dean died on Sunday May 31st, she was the last living survivor of the Titanic (she was just a baby at the time). Now as a history guy I will say the significance of this boat is a little overblown a la Columbus or Revere, but I will admit that hearing this does strike a cord with me, it was a story that for whatever reason sparked interest in the past for almost 100 years...and will continue to...just thought it was sad. So after sunday's race (I am not in any way a Nascar guy...but I am an ESPNEWS guy so I know these things) Tony Stewart is back ahead of Jeff Gordon in the "Nascar Cup thingy" race...so I have decided that he is my favorite driver now, not because I know anything about it but because he is a little chubby and I respect that...(i'm not really chubby or anything but it is always good to know an athlete who looks like he drinks Bud Ice (like me, yeah I know and Ice House to, I don't why I like it) every night he doesn't have to drive a race car. (see the Armoral commercial)

NBA So its the Lakers vs. the Magic...the disrespected angle is alive and well with those Magic (not a good sports team name) but my guess is it won't matter and I will have to ignore the fact that Phil Jackson will break the tie that he shares with my boy Red Auerbach (9 titles) and also the fact that I will have to listen to an entire year of how much Kobe has overcome in his life to capture this title...(yeah he overcame so much...what was it he overcame again??, oh yeah a rape allegation...that he was never cleared of...hmm I seemed to have forgotten that, what with all the puppet commercials and the fact that no NBA analyst goes there...c'mon Barkely throw down a few and just let it out...you know you want to). Oh well I will say if the Magic do win...and I hope they do I will feel better about my Celtics who were able to take them to 7 games, and I will admit (like most people) that I underestimated this very deep Magic team that is fun to watch...even if the are coached by a Ron Jeremy/Old Super Mario lookalike. Prediction Stupid Lakers in 6

Sox Nation 29-22 2nd in the A.L. East, and yes even though the evil empire Yanks are ahead by a gigantic 1/2 game, I am not concerned. My manger finally woke up from his tobacco coma and changed the lineup to basically what I've been screaming for weeks (seriously don't laugh I swear I could mange this team better). I think we are primed for a better month in June. With Mikey Lowell hitting in front of Papi, and Drew hitting 2nd, I think we will be better at not stranding so many baserunners. Lester and Beckett seem to be piching better, which is good because it's time for Wakefield to be bad for about a month or so. Dice-K looks bad, and Penny is still just gambling out out there...but have no fear Sox Nation...guess who's coming??? Smotlz !!! He is a class guy who will lift the team just by going out there, my BOLD PREDICTION is 11-3 for the old man...in his swan song victory lap.

IDOL So its over the kid Kris Allen wins the whole thing, he won us over with his Kanye or "The Fray" version of Heartless, but I am feeling a little bad for Adam Lambert...I like my Boy Matt Giraud don't get me wrong....but if it wasn't him then I would have leaned heavily on the Adam Lambert wagon. I think Adam sings the single better as well. Oh well my only hope to remain an Idol Watcher next year is that Tony Kornheiser returns to his morning radio show (where he talks at nausea about idol) and that Kara does every show in a bikini (I said damn that girls fine).

UPDATE So I am not sure if it will be attached to this blog or not, but it looks like a podcast that will cover movies, sports, hot chicks, tech, current events, and TV might actually get done in the near future. I will keep you updated and when it is ready I will link it on this blog. I am open to any suggestions.

7 comments:

  1. Mike Brown coach of the year, terminated after huge meltdown in game six. C'mon your team is getting a beatdown in the second quarter and you don't call at least one time out to "coach" our squad. C'mon your not Phil Jackson and their not the Micheal Jordan, Scotty Pippen, Dennis Rodman Bulls of the 90's. You got a "T" blown on you for losing your cool and in the end that being the only thing you said your team suffered.

    Call A-fraud what you want, he fills seats, sells copy unlike the sterile Redsox. the only thing they have done to generate any interst is Papelbon looking like a moron doing a river dance with goggles on! Johnny, you work less than a Mexican hanging out at Plant world and make more in one year than you should in three give us a break. I know in that stuffy/stiff ass Boston area that snapped them outta there coma and put you and your shinanagins on youtube for a laugh, very nice Johnny Momma is proud of you!

    Brett Favre has been mentioned as one of the 10 players who should retire. This was a story on Yahoo sports. Yeah he came in at #2 right behind that fat washed up r.b. from N.O. Deuce McCallister. No has fallen from grace harder and faster the that washed up "Hill Billy". I don't beleive he made the Jets any better he just gave the drunks over there in bowls of Jersey, new Yorks also ran team something else to rant about. Nick you've heard me before on this guy. His numbers are undeniable, first ballet hall of famer, got cha' but a snake in the grass for sure. If he ever shows he's face in Green Bay one of those Necks will give him a white hankie and send him into the forest and do a Dick Channey on him.

    Another loser from N.Y./New Jersey football was on that list Jeremy Shockey. Knucklehead got wheeled outta one of Vegas finest hotspots poolside drunk off his tail. Oh I beleive they stated he was dehydrated, whatever loser!

    No muppet puppets of Kobe and Labron they may toss them in the dumpster. Second thought if they toss them one of L.A. loser fans may scoop them up and put them on e-bay, or worse yet make them part of their "posse" Speaking of loser fans one of my less than favorite "Raider Fan" gave me one more reason to rant about their classless antics. This one was a female. She's yapping on the phone while driving with her child in the back of her ol' man's Expedition. I went to make a legal lane change on Pecos road yesterday, I checked my mirror saw this female about five cars lenths behiend me in the second lane. I look, signal, look again and see this broad is excelerating just so I can't, typical. So I come over anyway at this point I'm halfway in and she race's up[ leaning on the horn cursing at me with child in rear of vehicle and phone still on the side of her head. We turn corner and I pull over to let "Miss I'm In A Hurry" past me. She slows down to curse me somemore and I ask her, "you couldn't allow me to change lanes" flipping me off and passes bye and that's when I saw the Raider emblem on the back of her truck! Very nice, that explains it. I feel sorry for her child to have a losser for a Mom and having to grow up in a household that still beleive in a "Commitment to Excelance" that hasn't brough fruit since what the Carter administration! Good night now!

    P.S. I'm not politically correct, I'm a non-spelling conservitive. If my post offends you grow some thicker skin, get over it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The A.L. East is going just as planned. We're 1 game up on Boston, eat your heart out Nick.

    Chamberlin and Riveria helped their own causes yeaterday with some "glove work" to boost the Yankess with error free baseball in 18 consecutive games topping a record of 17 by Boston in 06.

    Cano & D.J. are leading the tean avg. both over 300+, Tex is setteling in and batting "his" avg of 282, he being a career sub 300 hitter. he is leadingthe team with 16 hrs. not bad of a guy who has bounced around the last four years of his career. Settling in the Bronx will be a good thing.

    The hated Mets are a game & half out which is always good news for this Yankee fan. I've got a bushel basket of Mets fans who are under the delusion that they have the superior team in N.Y., "Dream On". Last bit here the Dodgers are MLB strong best record in baseball, Manny, no Manny. This will impact Manny's pull with the team at the rate their going without him he may find himself unemployed after 2010

    Question should Manny be allowed to play in the All Star game??? I say "no" as a Manny fan. Steroids are illegal, period.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris Allen, yeah that was a little weid but he was ok. I think Lakers in 7, might be a better finals than you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Yankees are doing a good job on defense and with Joba, Pettite, and C.C. all pitching pretty well lately I am a little concerned, But like I said at the begining of the year it will be The Sox Yanks battling it out as we always do at the end. Tampa can't hang and although Toronto and Baltimore are two team I like they will struggle to make 500. I don't think Manny will end up in the game anyway so I wouldn't worry about it. I guess I do not think if you are suspended from the game at any point in the year for PED's you should be able to be in the ALL-Star game though, but I don't think I rule can be added mid-season. Good work Wes like the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.broncosports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9900&ATCLID=3745288 Check out Boise States new uni's what do you think? I give them a thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-shaqhoward060509&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

    Shaq was never a favorite of mine. I never saw where this cat had any "skills" Being overweight, bounching his big ass into people knocking them outta his way isn't much of a skill. Shooting sub 50% from the charity strip isn't much to brag about either. Highest field goal percentage last season I must conceed on that.

    But now his continuous belittling D. Howard is finally catching the eyes and ears of others, that is just wrong. Nothing like being a washed up, has been, who has seen the last of any championship run. This behavior is basically the by-product of fear. Once the "fat Aristotle" leaves the game he will have no refuge, no one to validate him. Shaq can't rap, or act, his gear sells for $19.99 @ Target, or K-Mart, no game, no love, no love for my fat homie from North Jersey. Yes he's a Jesreyite, I've got to take a huge hit there on that one. Thank God for Goldie Hawn, Jack Nicholson, Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Frank Sinatra, to compensate for the Fat Aristotle being from the Garden State. Such is our cross to bare. Check out the link, Hall Of Famers with game called him out on his behavior so there must be something to it. Read the article formulate your own opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't hate Shaq for being a self-absorbed attention needy big-man. Is it annoying, yeah a little but I'll live, he was the most dominate center not named named Hakeem, that I saw play. I love Zo who was his rival (and my favorite center of my generation) and a much better person, but Shaq was a cultural icon...and if he is having a hard time passing the torch so be it...in the end it won't matter if he doesn't let go of that torch to D "superman" Howard...guess what Howard will just snatch it out of Shaqfu's old big hand, and my guess is as Superman is walking away Shaq will take a big gulp and say..."Superman...cool nickname...way better than Shaqfu, or Big Cactus"

    We respect his game cause we should, but we don't have to respect his opinion though he should go take his rightful seat next to Barkley so they can take turns getting suspended from TNT...and entertain the crap out of us.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.