September 30, 2009

Fantasy Football Update #4 (week 3)

Quote of the Week "I love it when a plan comes together" (from the A-team bitches!) and yes I'm getting old as I turn a ripe 29 this Saturday Oct 3rd. It is a bold statement considering I only went 1-1 for the week and also lost 1/2 of my big trade pieces when Frank Gore went down for 3 weeks, but it is ok because my two calls of the week came through. Call #1 Bet Detroit Moneyline plain and simple this team is on the upswing and the Redskins are so confused out there it's like they should play Yakety Sax (you know the Benny Hill theme...ok, ok that's before my time...but I still know it) every time they enter the redzone. Call # 2 Play C Buckhalter for the Broncos 108 Rush Yards...a great waiver fill in for a week...and yes he helped me get a win, then I dropped him, because fumbling crazy K Moreno is going to get the ball now. Let's break it down.

Pats (League 1) 10 teams, standard scoring (ESPN) 5 bench, 1 IR, Record 1-2
QB-T Brady-17 Points, 277 ps yds, 1 TD, 0 INT's...getting better Tom, nice to see the play action
RB-R Rice-12 Points, 48 rush yards, 27 rec yards, 1 TD...a match up guy
RB-S Slaton-10 Points, 76 rush yards, 37 rec yards, 0 TD's...well no fumbles
WR-C Johnson-4 Points, 7 targets, 49 rec yards...dissapointing
WR-M Colston-6 Points, 7 targets, 67 rec yards...he will be hit or miss
TE-J Witten-7 Points, 9 targets, 9 catches, 77 rec yards...showed signs of life in the 2nd Half
K-K Brown-6 Points, 1/1 FG's, 3/3 XP's...yeah fine...I still hate kickers
D/ST-Jets-14 Points, 2 INT's 2 FR's 17 PA...they play the Saints this week
Bench-Benson and J Jones had good weeks for me on the bench (who knew, they played Chicago and Pitt, two good running defenses) , but with Gore out I was satisfied with who I went with for the most part. J Jones-18 Points, C Benson-13 Points, F Gore-0 Points, K Winslow-1 Point, and R Bush-7 Points
Moves-So I said goodbye to T Jones, Jets D/ST. and C Cooley...I added K Winslow (don't laugh), Ray Rice, Reggie Bush, and Glen Coffee. Hopefully I acquired Bush to trade him and get another guy I want...but we will see.
Week 4 lineup-subject to change-Brady (BAL), C Benson (@CLE), S Slaton (OAK), J Jones (@ IND), C Johnson (@ CHI), J Witten (@DEN), K Brown (OAK), and 49ers D/ST (STL)

Dirty Dawgs (League 2) 10 team, non-standard scoring (CBS) 20 bench, record 2-1
QB-T Brady-14 Points...we learned that Wes Welker is still missed
RB-C Buckhalter-8 Points, 108 rush yards...he was a nice 1 week band aid
WR-A Boldin-8 Points, 83 rec yards, 1 TD...with a healthy hamstring
WR-C Johnson-0 Points, 49 rec yards...tough week for Megatron
WR-B Berrian-0 Points, 56 rec yards...what possessed me to start 3 WR's again?
TE-T Gonzalez-0 Points, 16 rec yards...Pats Def shut him down completely
K-K Brown-6 Points, 1/1 FG, 3/3 XP's...again whatever its a kicker
DST-Eagles-8 Points, 14 PA, DFR, 3 sacks...a stud defense
Bench-For the 2nd week Favre (22 Points) outplayed Brady, the Chargers DST had 10 Points, and J Jones added 8 Points. I have to do better.
Moves-Sent D Garrard, A Boldin (I know, I know), J Carlson, and C Buckhater all packing...as I welcomed Wes Welker (nice to see you), D McFadden (please get more carries and stop fumbling), L Coles (you will be gone soon), and K Orton (don't make me look stupid) all to my team. Gave me some depth and another mediocre RB to play with.
Week 4 lineup-subject to change-Brady (BAL), J Jones (@IND), D McFadden (@HOU), C Johnson (@CHI), W Welker (BAL), T Heap (@NE), K Brown (OAK), and Chargers D/ST (@PIT)

Some Advice from the guy who is 1-2 and 2-1-Bye weeks start now with PHI, ARI, ATL, and CAR all out for this week. It is time to make sure your bench is ready for those bye week players. I goofed starting 3 WR's which you should never do unless they are all studs...J Jones should have been in my lineup...continue to play the matchups. Remember the Pats D is getting better, Indy can still be run on and D Freeney is out for awhile so start your guys against Indy. I'm back to not caring about Kickers (the way it should be) but I still really care about DEF/ST try 49ers against STL this week if they are still out there. Lastly try to sell high and buy low in trades...guys who are 0-3 are panicking right now...go after em.

Keep an eye on-I'll give you 4 guys...F Taylor (RB NE) the Pats will run a little more, K Boller (QB STL) seriously he's probably better the Bulger, P Garcon (WR Indy) he's fun to watch, and the obvious Glen Coffee (RB SFO) he is playing STL and ATL the next two weeks...god I wish Gore was here, but Coffee will be solid. Bonus guy-J Gaffney (WR DEN) I like him a lot

NEW FEATURE!!! (Bet on this, but don't get mad at me)-So I decided to throw in a few games worth betting as I see it. I'll give you 3 games I like, 3 stomach em bets, and 1 parlay.
Like em-Cincy -5.5 at Clev, Sea +9 at Colts, and Minn-3 against GB
3 if you can stomach em-(Det ML at CHI) if your gonna bet em do it moneyline Cutler is prone to turnovers and this Lions team isn't that bad, (SEA ML at IND) I like IND but not their run defense (and no D Freeney or B Sanders now) I don't see them stopping J Jones and the SEA pass attack...I don't care who is playing QB, and (NE ML against BAL) It is tough and this game will most likely be a pick em but I go Pats here...after all Rex Ryan is gone right?
1 Parlay take the over in Pats/Ravens game (44.5), take Cincy -5.5, and call me nuts but throw the Seahawks +9 on there, and see if that works.

Bonus Update (Fantasy Baseball) I have jumped to first in one league and I'm stuck in 2nd in the other...trying hard to hang on but the pitching is now out of my hands as my innings are all used up...I need some batting avg, and steals to hang on...when it's over I will break it down.

2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike... I picked up P. Garcon (WR Indy) before I read your blog. Let's see what he does this week!

    Good luck with your fantasy baseball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like him a lot, I got Glen Coffee (RB SFO) but I will only start him if C Benson is out. Good luck this week, I might go Rivers over Flacco this time :)

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.