April 28, 2010

American Idol Update #10

The show is just not the same without Tim Urban to bash…oh well. I thought “Country Week” with Mentor Shania Twain went pretty well actually, one of the best all around weeks of the year…and I really have a hard time with Country Music. The contest gets tough now, as inevitably there is always one surprise contestant that blossoms and at least one shocker that leaves…could this be the week to shock the world???? (or at least those who still watch American Idol).

Top 6-Country week was more solid than expected.

Best Performance of Top 6 week:

· (1) Lee Dewyze-(You’re Still the One) Probably my favorite Shania song (yeah I like a couple actually) and Lee sold it well…I can already tell this may be a download.

· (2)Aaron Kelly-(You’ve Got a Way) I really like this song, mostly because it was in a great romantic comedy called Notinghill, but also because it is a sweet song (insert aww here)…so I sort of hoped Siobhan may have tackled this one, but actually for a guy…or should I say boy…Aaron did well…maybe his best performance.

Worst Performance of Top 6 week:

· (1) Crystal Bowersox-(No One Needs to Know), Without Tim Urban “The Worst” List is way less fun, anyway the Idol darling did not get it done this week for me. It may have just been the song choice, but I didn’t get the arrangement and sound of it all. To bluegrassy or something. I didn’t think it was as bad as last week where Moma Sox sucked the soul out of The Impressions and then cried on stage, but it wasn’t great. If you are going to set the bar as high as Crystal has…you gotta bring it every week, if you don’t you end up like Andrew Garcia (Who we miss).

Push for top 6 week (just fine, not great):

Siobhan Magnus (Any Man of Mine) The judges praised her, but I thought it was just ok. I think this is Idol positioning her now for the stretch run. I am interested to hear how it sounds recorded on ITunes later this week. Casey James (Don’t) I have never heard this one by Shania, but nonetheless (and maybe shockingly) Casey pulled it off enough. Michael Lynche (It Only Hurts When I’m Breathing) this one was a bit annoying from Big Mike…I think he might be done.

Current Pick to Win: Siobhan Magnus-They are grooming her for victory now…pay attention you’ll see what I’m talking about.

Runner Up: Lee Dewyze-Lee is easily the most download friendly contestant…his voice is ready for radio…I think he sneaks into the finale.

Prediction-Going Home this week- Michael Lynche or Aaron Kelly…but watch out for the sleeper Crystal Bowersox to go…the judges might regret having used that save.

***well I was right about the surprise elimination, but it was Siobhan, not Crystal...very upset as she was my pick...oh well mostly guys now...only download was probably Lee Dewyze's Still the One...I have to fight to keep watching now.***

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.