April 14, 2010

American Idol Update #8

Elvis week…Lord knows when I think Elvis…I think Adam Lambert…last year’s runner up from Idol (and actually better than Kris Allen frankly…just not better than Matt Giraud) becomes a mentor for the contestants this week as they attempt the King of Rock n Roll. Truth be told I never saw the elimination show last week, so I didn’t get to see the drama unfold with Michael Lynche being saved, however watching him this week had me wondering…well why was he voted off last week anyway? So two go this week and there are a couple of guys I really am getting tired of.

Top 9-Decent songs choices…not always the best execution this week.

Best Performance of Top 9 week:

· (1) Lee Dewyze-(A Little Less Conversation), good song choice, very cool performance…I didn’t miss the bagpipe guy at all.

· (2) Siobhan Magnus-(Suspicious Minds), another great song choice…she has such a cool voice…I did think it was like a three act song, but I at least liked two acts of it…and loved the last act.

· (3) Michael Lynche-(In the Ghetto), yet again a brilliant song choice…this was the first time I really liked him all season…nice work…way to pick up your game.

Worst Performances of Top 9 week:

· (1) Tim Urban-(Can’t Help Falling in Love), Great song choice, a solid arrangement…but Tim can’t sing…I mean he just can’t…doesn’t mean he can’t make an album (just ask KE$HA)…just means he can’t win Idol…send this guy home will you.

· (2) Aaron Kelly-(Blue Suede Shoes), I thought this was really the only blatantly bad song choice by a contestant…he sang it ok…but this might the end of the road.

Push for top 9 week (just fine, not great…should stay alive): Katie Stevens (Baby, What You Want Me to Do)…um how about stop bobbing your head back and forth…but nice vocal. Casey James (Lawdy Miss Clawdy), solid and safe song choice, sang it fine…but not breath taking…his time is running out. Crystal Bowersox (Saved), Just ok for me, I actually couldn’t tell what the hell she was saying most of the time (it works for Bob Dylan…not for you Moma Sox). Lastly Mr. Andrew Garcia (Hound Dog), Like Anoop-Dog, Garcia is just plain real and likable. He lacks the voice to survive much longer, but I admire Garcia’s ability to have some fun and stay real…when he leaves (and it will be soon)…he won’t regret a thing…he may be the most genuine contestant this year (that include Ms. Bowersox)…sadly for him Idol doesn’t admire “genuine-ness” like some us do.

Current Pick to Win: Siobhan Magnus-Still a winner…a break-out performance is looming in the very near future.

Runner Up: Lee Dewyze-He sneaks into the final 2 just so he can sing a Kara DioGuardi song with a bagpipe player behind him…Idol History folks…

Prediction-Going Home this week- Aaron Kelly and Andrew Garcia…but I hope it’s Tim Urban (still 6 for 14 in going home picks…cuz nobody went home last week

***Update so we go 1 out of 2 this week as sadly Andrew Garcia packs his bags (poor Lee, how will he cope?) and Head-bopping Katie takes off as well...still Tim remains...oh well...for the year in elimination picks we are 7/17 a cool 41%...Downloads for the week Siobhan's "Suspicious Minds" and I think it may be worth it to grab Lee's "Little Less Conversation"...See you next week***

1 comment:

  1. Too hard on Crystal there, though her tears were most likely forced, she is the best by far, but maybe can't sell records.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.