April 2, 2010

Baseball Predictions (REVISED)

Let’s try this one more time: Way back on March 5 on my Baseball Preview/Fantasy Ranking post I tried to guess each division winner and then break down how I thought the 2010 playoffs would go…well just like football I wanted to sneak in some changes to my prognostication…Ok Division winners in the A.L. will be the Yankees, White Sox, and the Mariners…the Wild Card will be the Red Sox…For the N.L. it will be the Phillies, Reds, and the Giants…the Wild Card will be the Braves…I am going to stick with the Sox vs. Giants in the World series even though I am crazy tempted to go with a rematch of the 75 Series (Reds vs. Red Sox)…So the Final Result will be a Giants over Red Sox win in a game 7…and an MVP of Matt Cain or Brian Wilson. My logic here is that I really can’t help but buy the hype about the Braves this year…this guy Jason Heyward is like the second coming, and my Fantasy Teams all seem to have ended up with Tim Hudson on them, so they’ll be easy to root for. As for the Reds, they quietly have amassed about 20 young guys, all with high upside, that may actually deliver, because they all sort of have that some pressure on them, I see them galvanizing together and being a real glue-team (guys like Votto, Bruce, Cueto, Harang, and Phillips). My Giants love comes from the Rotation, Cain, Linceum, and Sanchez will all be great and if they can take advantage of a “divorced” Dodger team and sneak into the playoffs, I don’t care how bad their offense is, they will pitch themselves in. In the A.L. West I was almost talked out of Seattle by the pundits, but I am going to stick with them, I don’t believe in the Angels (due to them getting worse in losing Figgins and Lackey), and I just don’t see the Rangers being able to get that ACE guy they need via trade…so by default…I’m staying with Seattle. The rest of the players here are the usual suspects…the Yankees are just flat-out loaded, The Phillies are also stacked (the only A.L. like N.L. team), and the Red Sox and White Sox are both teams with pitching, defense, and depth (not to mention prospects to trade) so they should be there. Baseball starts SUNDAY!!! Fantasy Update #1 will follow shortly after the start of the season. PLAY BALL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.