May 25, 2009

Fantasy Update #7

I am doing ok, made a slight comeback in the Soxtown league (currently holding on to 4th place), and in the RedsoxRevenge league I am in full control (first place...where else). Both 12 team mixed leagues. I think I am ok with both of these teams, though I still haven't figured out my pitching yet. I think my rosters are coming together.

League One (RedsoxRevenge) Starting Lineup: Soto Catcher 8/1/10/202avg (he is coming around, but I still miss Posada). Dunn 1st Base 25/14/39/284avg (everyone laughed when the Nationals settled on him after losing out on Tex...but no joke Dunn is playing better) Utley 2nd Base 31/11/31/297avg (my favorite non-redsox 2nd baseman, he is hard to root against) Wright 3rd Base 28/3/30/350avg (ten steals as well, he is the natural...but would love to see him hit for a bit more power) Tejada SS 26/5/25/345avg (yeah after a horrible start, he is now my starting shortstop...I had him last year...and I'm glad to have him back) Holliday OF 22/6/27/269avg (he should be better than this, he will be) Alexei Ramirez OF 14/3/20/243avg (he might not be on this team if he wasn't outfield eligible, but 8 steals and better play of late...he stays) Ibanez OF 38/17/43/345avg (yeah those numbers are right Ibanez is seriously the MVP favorite right now) Lowell UTIL 24/8/33/305avg (I'm not sure I believed Mikey would be starting on this team for three weeks now, but he is as solid as it comes...and he is so easy to root for...real class act) On My Bench (still no manny or posada) I'm still strong with Derek Lee filling in from time to time, he is playing much better, and Jayson Werth is streaky but very valuable. My Pitching is very average, but it has been good enough to stay on top, a trade is in my near future (was offered Cole Hamels for Ibanez but just turned it down). Led here by Way-Rod (1.71 era, 56 K's/5 wins), the resurgent Edwin Jackson (2.55 era, 48 K's/ 4 wins), and Erik Bedard (2.64 era, 49 K's/ 2 wins). My Relief Core is fine with Nathan and Fuentes, I recently added Rafael Soriano and Ramon Ramirez to stabilize my crappy spot starting choices, and cancel out the crappy Roy Oswalt (he losses to Cincy tomorrow and he is off my team). This is a good team, with Manny on the bench, a trade for an ace is in the works, and the stability I have with my big 3 Wright/Utley/Ibanez should keep me on or near first for some time.

League Two (Soxtown) McCann Catcher 13/5/18/326avg (there he is, Brian McCann has arrived) Helton 1st Base 25/6/31/338avg (alright this year should put Helton on the probably didn't take steroids list) Pedroia 2nd Base 37/1/15/337avg (he has 6 steals, but needs to show up with some more power...like 2 or 3 more homers) YOUK! 3rd Base 28/7/28/384avg (The Red Sox answer to the Mets David Wright...both naturals) Asdrubal Cabrera SS 34/1/25/316avg (7 steals helps, but I could see this position as trouble in the future...at least I have Alexei to fill in) Grady Sizemore OF 27/8/29/227avg (I'm tired of saying raise the average...oh well screw it one more time...Grady raise your F-ing average) Dunn OF 25/14/39/284avg (if he bats above 260 for the rest of the year my draft pick of him in both leagues looks like genius) Alexei Ramirez OF 14/3/20/243avg (keep it up Alexei I need you to be good now) Lowell UTIL 24/8/33/305avg (the more the season progresses the more my two teams look the same...again Mikey is so solid) On my bench Werth and Ethier are weak right now, but Werth is not going anywhere, and hopefully when Manny returns he will bring Ethier with him. My Pitching needs to get better if I'm going to make a run in this league. Led here by Way-Rod (still great), Jon Lester (he is getting stronger), and Tim Wakefield (he is so fun to root for as well) Scott Richmond 3.63 era, 43 K's/4 wins has been good and is making it hard for me to keep both Dice-K and Zambrano on my rosters, but I will hold on for now. I can't make too many moves because this team is thin. Dice-K needs to get better and soon. My Relief Core is very good: Jenks 10svs Franklin 11 svs Rodney 8 svs and Fuentes 12 svs are all keeping me alive, but this pitching staff has me at a 4.72 era in this league...it has to get better, and I'm not sure how I can fix it right now.

Some advice from the guy in 1st and 4th
So if you have a high value guy i.e. Ibanez or maybe Dunn, now is the time to decide if his best days are now behind him. I may want to trade Ibanez if I believe he won't play this good all year (but right now I believe he will) because I need a pitcher. If you still have a chance at a stat like steals or saves, go out and get a guy that will help...it is too soon to concede stats. Warning mistakes will cost you...in the Soxtown league I am getting killed at pitching, when he got hurt I dropped C Carpenter...believe me I really could use him right now. Too many mistakes like that will kill you. Also right now is streak season guys are running into streaks...get them and ride those streaks...looks like Freddie Sanchez is about to hit one right now.

Stock Up: J.D. Drew...yeah yeah I still hate him, but the weather is warm so go get him now till the end of July, Ramon Ramirez he is a great bullpen value guy, if you need wins try Penny 5-1 and he won't kill your whip either, and my boy Alexei Ramirez...oh how I have waited to put you on this list.

Stock Down: Have to have Ortiz on this list...it pains me to watch, Jeter he is not a good fantasy guy I would sell high, Wakefield...be wary from this point on he may hurt some of your numbers except wins he is still good for those, Grady Sizemore...undroppable but really 22o range batting average is troublesome, Dan Haren 5.14 over the last three starts, and Ryan Braun he was not rated high by me to begin with, some people love him but I think he is never going to have another great season...he is average.

News and Rants: Red Sox on top, but not by much. It is nice to see my boys getting healthy, with Youk back, it almost doesn't bother me that we have no shortstop or DH...almost. Smoltz sighting...I'm getting giddy. Yanks look good I have to admit...with A-fraud back Tex and the gang look legit again...but thank god A.J. Burnett has proven to be overpaid. Peavy says no to the CHISOX...don't worry he will go somewhere most likely the cubs or braves, but I sure as shit don't blame him if he stays in San Diego...who would want to leave there...best U.S. city to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.