May 6, 2009

Week In Review #3

Bret Farve...again? Manny best pound for pound...disagree? let me introduce you to Manny...and life without Matt on Idol, f-ing blows. Oh Yeah and the Yankees can't best the Red Sox...sucks to be them.

Boxing Manny Pacquiao beat the living crap out of Hatton on Saturday. I am just going to leave it basically at that. Hatton gets props for being aggressive, but not many because he was aggressively getting the snot beat out of him...and he hit the canvas as hard as I have seen anyone hit it. He took the cleanest left from Manny ever...and went down like a sack of potatoes. Bring on Floyd!! I mean Floyd is going to fight Marquez, and that's no easy bout so props to him, but I think he should worry about Pacquiao, who is so quick and so strong. One thing is for sure, that fight will bring the boxing world back to the top, MMA got any answers for that fight?? Whats that? Chuck Lidell is getting knocked out again you say.

Farve Listen Brett I really have grown to respect you over the last few years (because I did hate you for the Superbowl victory over my Pats in 1996...damn you Desmond Howard!!), but seriously stop it with the attention thing...your like the ex-girlfriend that plays games with you all day to see if you will notice that she thinks she isn't getting enough attention from you. Alright I get it, I get it, but no I can't give you the amount of attention you desire...only ESPN can do that. I am not going to lie if you play for the Vikings you will be my backup in fantasy this year...but that aside, you have to be sympathetic to those of us who are trying to protect your stature in the game...your legacy. I know you don't care about it, and I know that if I was an athlete and I thought I could still play, I wouldn't want anyone telling me when to stop...I'm just tired of saying goodbye to you...so for the record if you come back or not...Goodbye, I'll just get it out of the way now, this way we are cool when I bench you for T Jackson in week 13...we are cool right??

Sox Nation 17-10 2nd in the A.L. East, and the most important part...5-0 against the Yanks...how's that Tex and C.C. thing working out? The Red Sox "takes it easy" against the Yankees. I am concerned about a few things...Ortiz no dingers yet, but RBI doubles are just as good, Beckett is fastball crazy, my manager is still a pushover, and Papelbon is a little shaky. There are so many good things though...Mikey Lowell for starters, anyone still want Tex? Jason Bay...um can we get a contract...you know like the one that dirtbag J.D. Drew has for this guy. Our bullpen is so deep and still so solid, and of course I will give him some props Penny is throwing a little better (94 on the gun last game) so as long as Dice-K comes back strong I think we pass the Jays in Oh I don't know a few days.

NBA If I don't talk about the NBA in one of these blog posts...I'm afraid Bill Simmons will never read it. Here goes...Kobe (you know the guy who was once accused of rape) shot 1-7 from 3-point range, and 14-31 overall...yeah that's the guy I remember from last years finals...nice to see you again. Maybe the Rockets can win this thing, I know one thing for sure this round Nuggets, Cavs...gonna be just fine. What if we had a Melo vs. Lebron match...you know they were supposed to be natural rivals. I would watch that. As for my Celts...we should win, we will in fact...as long as Ray Allen makes shots and Rondo gets his legs back. The NBA playoffs are too long, and that first round 7 games thing is an embarrassment, but it is starting to heat up, so I will tune in. Oh and let me mention that Barkley could kill someone...and I would still want him as the personality of the NBA...listen to him on PTI (May 5) he is hilarious.

IDOL Ok Matt is gone...I don't like it, but I will deal with it. Adam sang a decent version of Whole Lotta Love this week, and Danny reached a little high on Dream On, but no doubt Kris and Allison are in trouble...my guess is Kris who couldn't pull off Come Together...shoulda sang Revolution...who cares what Slash thinks. Come back Matt :(

2 comments:

  1. Being the objective Yankees fan I am, yes at this point the Red Sox are playing better ball than my Yankees. So be it. I'm of the beleif when C.C. and Tex get into the groove of playing for the Yankees in the A.L. East we'll steamroll our way to the top.

    As far as Pacquiao goes...I would get into the ring with that cat! Mayweather shouldn't get a shot against him. Mayweather is done, if your own father won't work with or for you what does that tell you, enough said!

    Favre has gotten as much bad press as A-Rod. Niether of which is deserving of even this drop they are getting from me or us here and now. Integrity, honor, morals are not to be bestowed upon one because of what they do but rather how they do it!

    God bless one and all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to clairify one of my prior statements. I would not get into the ring with Manny Pacquiao. Yes the Yankees lost to night, again. but havethe Sox take one the chin by the Tribe and to get beat by a former Yankee Pavano...by the way was drafted by the BoSox I guess that's bitter sweet revenge. Great job Carl!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.