March 31, 2010

American Idol Update #6

10 Idol-hopefuls left and I think, to be honest…well this is not my favorite group ever on the show. Now I’m only 3 years into watching it so I may not have the frame of reference of some of you who have always watched…but I think I may be fading a bit on this show. I thought it was just so-so with the usual suspects as standouts…I did think Andrew Garcia was back in form.

Top 10-Guys were better this week…probably not close

Best Performances of top 10 week:

· (1) Lee Dewyze-Really good version of “Treat Her Like A Lady”, a song I have never liked much, but may download.

· (2) Crystal Bowersox-I get what Simon said on the show (and I rarely care what he says), it was a bit odd to see her with loads of makeup and high heels…but solid performance as usual.

· (3) Michael Lynche-I’m not a fan of this guy, but it would be hard to argue that the vocal performance of “Ready For Love” wasn’t spot on…I’ve never heard this song before…but it doesn’t sound easy to sing.

· (4) Andrew Garcia-“Forever” Good version of a song I don’t really like…potential download, and should by him some time.

Worst Performances of top 10 week:

· (1) Tim Urban-This kid is still here…Still they give him a microphone, and still he actually chooses to sing into it…I for some reason still choose to listen myself, rather than just fast-forward…please for the love of god (and I am now speaking directly to 14 year old girls everywhere that love this kid)…send him home so he doesn’t destroy the entire season!!!!

· (2) Didi Benami-I really like her so I try to root for her, she picked a good song, and sang it bad…that’s not a good sign. (What Becomes of the Brokenhearted)

· (3) Katie Stevens-I kinda think this girl is never going to get better, yeah she has a nice voice (but so did Paige), but she doesn’t ever elevate her…well anything.

Push for top 10 week (just fine, not great…should stay alive): Siobhan isn’t going anywhere, but I agree that she took on a hard song, that nobody really knows (Through the Fire), and it sounded like it. Aaron Kelly is another Idol who isn’t really getting better, and the sum of these just ok contestants is making me bored with the show…Lastly Casey James…fresh off his Huey Lewis week, strikes again with another song I really like (Hold On, I’m Coming…by Sam & Dave)…I love Sam Cooke, and though I didn’t like the performance as much as the judges, at least I wasn’t bored by it.

Current Pick to Win: Siobhan Magnus-I’m staying with her…she’s still very much capable.

Runner Up: Lee Dewyze-I actually am starting to think that it may be a boy/girl finale rather than an all girl finale.

Prediction-Going Home this week- Tim Urban or Didi Benami (sleeper to go Katie Stevens)

***UPDATE-One of my favorites Didi Benami goes home (6/15 40% in going home picks), while somebody that looks a lot like Puff Daddy performs…I don’t know what Usher was doing, but at least the cool guy from the Black Eyed Peas was there. I thought Didi sang well in her farewell and even thought for a second that they would save her (I think they are saving it for Mr. Garcia), in any case she was just a piñata of emotion that was getting a tad old I suppose. I thought she would better, and there were certainly others that were more worthy of the boot (That’s you Tim Urban…DAMN YOU 14 YEAR OLDS GIRLS!!!!) but nonetheless she couldn’t win and she made the tour so we can look forward to a Brooke White like career from Ms. Benami…Downloads to consider: Forever by Andrew Gracia (I actually got this one and it sounds great), and my second Dewyze download…Treat Her Like A Lady…all avail on ITUNES. ***

1 comment:

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.