March 4, 2010

American Idol Update #2

I really thought I would have a better idea on a winner, or even a top 5 by now…but I don’t. I also am less into this year than last…but I guess that’s normal, I doubt I will be an Idol fan for much longer (when they stop singing Journey I’m out dammit!), but for now I’m still in. So with the Top 20 this week I can say for sure that the Girls were better and for sure a girl will win…what I’m still not sure of is…which girl exactly it will be. (I have to choose a winner before Top 12 week as per the stipulation set by my friend CJB3…me and him have an ongoing Idol bet)

Top 20 Girls-The girls had a good week, and it’s hard to single out whose leaving after solid performances all around.

Best Performances of top 20 week:

· (1) Siobhan Magnus-She pelted out Think by Aretha Franklin…and it was great…she is my frontrunner for now.

· (2) Kateyln Epperly-She sang The Scientist by Coldplay, and did it very well I thought…she is a top 12 for sure.

· (3) Crystal Bowersox-Picked a great CCR song (Creedance Clearwater Revival…for you young-ins) Long as I see the light…but I don’t think she can win…even though she’s great.

· (4) Lacey Brown-You’re not going to believe this but after killing her last week, I thought she did great this week. Kiss Me was a good choice, and she did it well…it may be her only time doing well, so I am going to give her credit.

· (5) Paige Miles-Walk Away by Kelly Clarkson and written by Idol Judge Kara DioGuardi was the right choice for her.

Worst Performances of top 20 week:

· (1) Haely Vaughn-Doing the Miley Cyrus song The Climb was the right idea…but she blew it.

· (2) Katie Stevens-I think one day long from now this 17 year old will wonder why when she was 17 she didn’t allow herself in fact to be a 17 year old…and she’ll be pissed.

· (3) Didi Benami-I really like this girl but she may go, Lean On Me was a bit of an odd choice…she is more adult then the rest, but needs to find a better showcase song if she gets another chance.

Push for top 20 week (just fine, not great…should stay alive): Lilly Scott (she’s original and Regina Spektor-like)

Current Girl Pick to Win: Siobhan Magnus-Cape Cod girl…go Red Sox!

Runner Up: Katelyn Epperly-She gets her wish…no picket fence…no kids…enjoy.

Top 20 Guys-Some were better, many were worse.

Best Performances of top 20 week:

· (1) Lee Dewyze-Hate the song (Lips of an Angel) really, but his voice is very distinct.

· (2) Michael Lynche-He belted out James Brown very well.

· (3) Alex Lambert-Nice Comeback! He did Everybody Knows by John Legend…I don’t even like that song, but it was solid when he did it…he will stick around.

Worst Performances of the top 20:

· (1) Tim Urban-Wow so, so awful, I felt bad for him, but he’s good looking he will be fine. (LOL I’m just leaving exactly what I wrote last week…let’s see how long I can do this)

· (2) John Park-Not as bad as Tim Urban, but was still awful. (Same as last week again…he’s not good enough)

· (3) Jermaine Sellers-He kinda blew it with a great song What’s Going On by the great Marvin Gaye…I don’t think he even knows what this song is about…bummer for him.

· (4) Casey James-He screamed an unrecognizable song and it was not good.

Push for top 20 week (just fine, not great…should stay alive): Todrick Hall, Aaron Kelly, Andrew Garcia (It wasn’t awful but a bad turn for Garcia…we like him better mixing it up with his guitar).

Current Guy Pick to Win: Lee Dewyze-He is the best of the guys.

Runner Up: Alex Lambert-I see him getting better from now on. (both of these guys have very distinct voices and that helps them a lot…now they have to define who they are a bit).

Prediction-Going Home this week-Jermaine Sellers, John Park, Lacey Brown, and Haely Vaughn.

***Update-So we got 3/4 this week with both guys correct and i out 2 girls right. Even though I picked Haely to go, boy it was hrad seeing her cry out there...I think that sad moment got me slightly more invested in this year...I guess I will find out next week. I really thought Michelle Delamor should have stayed, she left too early...but again Lacey was much better and I like Didi so I was rooting for her to get another chance (now don't blow it!) Ok so Idol stats for the year so...I was 0-4 last week and 3-4 this week putting the blog at a solid 3-7 clip and picking 43%. We can do better.

Potential downloads this week on Itunes-Long as I see the light-Crystal Bowersox, Kiss me-Lacey Brown, Think-Siobhan Magnus, and The Scientist-Katelyn Epperly...all girls how bout that. See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.