March 11, 2010

American Idol Update #3

Ok so I know who the winner will be (Siobhan Magnus…at least so far), I know I am fast-forwarding through the judges a lot (stop saying moment…just forget the word moment…jeez!), and if it’s not Siobhan, I know it will be a girl. My favorite girl is Didi, but I think Siobhan is the winner. Decent week all around…now if that Tim Urban kid would just go home!

Top 16 Girls-I still think there is more talent on the girls side, than the guys side…and I still think a girl will win.

Best Performances of top 16 week:

· (1) Siobhan Magnus-“House of the Rising Sun” Very Vermont feel, but powerful.

· (2) Didi Benami-Singing Fleetwood Mac and making it sound cool…she might be back on track now.

· (3) Crystal Bowersox-She did a nice job with a mediocre Tracy Chapman song, there is no doubt she is good, I just don’t see her winning.

Worst Performances of top 16 week:

· (1) Paige Miles-“Smile” So smile if you thought that was a good song choice…and why are we talking about Michael Jackson and crying again? (great voice but that was weird)

· (2) Katie Stevens-Ok maybe she should keep pretending to be older.

· (3) Lilly Scott-Quirky yes…Good…um no.

Push for top 16 week (just fine, not great…should stay alive): Katelyn Epperly and Lacey Brown-neither was great, but I like both these girls to stay around.

Current Girl Pick to Win: Siobhan Magnus-Cape Cod girl…go Red Sox! (still the frontrunner)

Runner Up: Didi Benami-She made a nice come-bock and I hope she is around for awhile.

Top 16 Guys-Solid week…I wish the judges were banned from using the word “moment”! (did I say that already?)

Best Performances of top 16 week:

· (1) Lee Dewyze-I give him props for going a little rock on Owl City’s Fireflies…that must have been tough to put together.

· (2) Michael Lynche-Ok this guy can sing, and he has a nice story. (A girl will win though!)

· (3) Andrew Garcia-Listen the man went on national TV and sang Genie in a frickin bottle…cut the kid some slack…he was creative enough to get on this list without question.

Worst Performances of the top 16:

· (1) Tim Urban-Hallelujah…it takes a real dill-pepper to screw this song up (because it’s so good)…what can I say…he’s pretty, but he’s a dill-pepper.

· (2) Aaron Kelly-Rascal Flatts…how’s that working out for you?

· (3) Casey James-He went Country and it was better than last week…but the bar was so low for last week that it still was terrible.

Push for top 16 week (just fine, not great…should stay alive): Todrick Hall and Alex Lambert-both guys did enough to survive, but they better pick it up soon (It wouldn’t shock me if either went home that said).

Current Guy Pick to Win: Michael Lynche-A girl will win, but this guy is going to get some nice checks along the way, which is good because he has a family to support now.

Runner Up: Lee Dewyze-He fell a bit behind this week but he is still a contender.

Prediction-Going Home this week-Katie Stevens, Paige Miles, Aaon Kelly, and Tim Urban

As always I will post update after tomorrow night’s shows to see yet again how wrong I was.

***Update-Shocking turn of events as Idol let's go of 3 people that should have stuck around for the top 12, by doing so they keep three awful ones!!! Oh well Tim Urban, Katie Stevens, and Paige Miles all get a chance at redemption, and poor Katelyn Epperly (who was growing on me), Alex Lambert (who was making good strides), and Lilly Scott (who I didn't mind see leaving, but obviously was way better than those other three)...Oh well this puts us at 3/12 for picks...which is not good...Try these downloads Rhianna By Didi Benami and Trouble By Alex Lambert...See you next week***

1 comment:

  1. Total rip off Alex Lambert was a star, I am in shock, just absolute shock. Oh well Idol sucks, they never get it right anymore!

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.