March 24, 2010

American Idol Update #5

So Miley Cyrus a mentor at age 17…her dad must be so proud…truth be told (and yes The Climb is on my IPOD) I fast forwarded through most of the Miley moments, in fact I had a hard time with this whole episode…even the best performances were just ok this week. Whenever you give these kids the freedom of any #1 Billboard hit ever…they are bound to over think it.

Top 12-I’d say the battle between the girls and guys was a push this week.

Best Performances of top 12 week:

· (1) Casey James-Full disclosure (I grew up on Back to the Future and Huey Lewis and the News)…so when this guy (who I haven’t like thus far) busted out my boy Huey’s Power of Love from that movie…he gets some leeway…that said his best so far.

· (2) Crystal Bowersox-She did Janis Joplin (shocking) and did it well, I didn’t think it was great, but good…I still think she can’t win, despite how much talent she has.

· (3) Lee Dewyze-He did The Letter, not a great choice but his chops made it fine, the bar was low this week so Lee still cracks the top list.

· (4) Siobhan Magnus-My pick to win tackled Superstition by Stevie Wonder, why she chose this is beyond my understanding but she is so likable and has such a strong voice that she can make just about anything work…she may want to cut back a bit on the screaming though.

Worst Performances of top 12 week:

· (1) Paige Miles-She might be out of chances after butchering a great song (Phil Collins Against All Odds), it was really bad.

· (2) Tim Urban-This kid is still here…I think Paige was worse but man this kid is annoying…nice slide (really a slide…was that necessary?) anyway his rendition of Crazy Little Thing Called Love was goofy…just goofy…can 14 year old girls stop voting for this kid now??? (he does have cool hair though)

Push for top 12 week (just fine, not great…should stay alive): Didi Benami-(I liked her and she was sexy…but she needs to do a more current song), Aaron Kelly-(Don’t Want to Miss a Thing with a touch of twang…ok fine), Michael Lynche-(he needs to pick back up his guitar and add a twist to a cool song), Katie Stevens-(She needs to relax…but is getting a bit better), Andrew Garcia-(it might have been bad as the judges said but I really liked his Marvin Gaye…I thought it was fine).

Current Pick to Win: Siobhan Magnus-Winner-Winner!

Runner Up: Crystal Bowersox-She is good, just not Idol material…she would be better off not winning.

Prediction-Going Home this week- Tim Urban or Paige Miles (sleeper to go Andrew Garcia)

***Update well Ms. Paige (who has a good voice) is sent packing, we got that one right which puts us at 5/14 (35%) in (sent packing picks)...we are making a come back...So I guess Tim will be sliding around on stage during the tour, 14 year girls everywhere rejoice...only download of the week was Casey James rocking Huey Lewis's Power of love, see you next week***

1 comment:

  1. Ok so I like the Huey Lewis song, but I hate the Casey guy, it was the same as the original as Simon said, I don't know I think Crystal might be the best and this other girl may not be able to win, I would also suggest that Lee might be another guy winner, he seems to be getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete

Join in the discussion...get involved!!! Come on you know want to....what the hell do I know.